Looking for a Good Fit

Quick background…Started play a month after launch. Played and raided right up into Cata where I finally took a break. Fast forward to July of this year and I came back and have really been enjoying myself going totally solo.

But that said I’ve been thinking about joining a guild because I’d like to start getting back into some raiding with a group of people that are more than just random LFR people. I’d like to make sure I’m a good fit for a guild because I am certainly not the “youngster” I was when I started MMORPG raiding in 1999’s launch of Everquest.

So here’s a bit about me and what your guild would be getting. If you think I’d be a good fit, by all means reply here or catch me in game.

I’m 57 years old. So I’m probably not a good fit for a guild that consists primarily of younger people unless you all need an old fart to beat on.

While I have a ton of experience raiding, I’ve been away for a long time and my current experience is nothing more than LFR’s. I think I’ve only done 3 or 4 dungeons also, so not much experience in that regard. Frankly you’d be getting a guy that is VERY inexperienced in BFA and while I can get thru the LFR’s well enough, were I to go into mythics I’d need a significant amount of coaching to ensure I do things right. So the guild would need some patience as I surely won’t be a perfect raider right out of the box.

I spend most of my time on my Mage Skratch and/or my Hunter Skavage, two classes that I love. Both on the Alliance side. I could be open to changing to something else and I have numerous alts, but ranged DPS is my favorite…and lets be honest here…ranged DPS is probably the easiest to play in the game.

I’d love to raid with a small group of the same people on a regular basis. While I did tons of 72 man raids in EQ my best memories in WoW raiding were the WotLK 10 and 25 man raids. There is just something special that comes from raiding with a small tight knit group of people that raid for US rather than raiding for ME…if that makes sense. It’s a great feeling when you take down a boss and your guildie finally gets that weapon he/she’s been needing for the past 6 months, knowing they will be back until you get that upgrade you really want/need.

So basically your guild would get a person that is dedicated to the success of the group as much as his own success. Someone that is frankly not terribly talented and doesn’t know all the boss fights, but he can listen, follow directions, and is not afraid of dying dozens of times before succeeding on something new. Someone that is loyal to a fault (seriously) and measures success by the group. My humor is rather dry, I’m definitely not PC, and I couldn’t care less about people using colorful language. I’m not easily offended.

I have discord but have only used it once or twice. Also have TeamSpeak if anyone still uses it. I am typically on weekday evenings until about 9 or 10 PM Pacific time so if there is a set raid schedule I can plan ahead for it. Weekends are a bit more sporadic, depending on what I am doing on the Homefront.

Anyway, if I seem like I might be a good fit for your guild and you don’t mind having someone you will need to teach, please reach out and tell me about your guild. I’m even willing to transfer to a new server as needed/wanted. (Honestly I haven’t yet figured out how all the cross-server stuff works in terms of guilds and such, so I’m open to transferring servers, factions, or whatever else is needed.)

Thanks,

Hey Gordash, welcome back to WoW. It’s a good time to catch up on gear and whatnot before 8.3 drops. My guild could definitely use a solid ranged dps with a good personality and we actually have a couple new recruits who are working on catching up on gear, so you’d be in good company. I’ll leave my spam below and if you’re interested in talking further, my btag is Rawrabear#1450.

Hi, I’m Fenrirulv, and I invite you to ask yourself, are you happy where you’re at? Do you enjoy coming to raids, or has it become more about the parses/purples than the people? What if I told you there’s a guild where people enjoy each other’s company while killing those pixel monsters?

After a short break to allow some of our members to relive their glory days in Classic, of Sargeras is back in action!

We are a guild of adults with lives outside of WoW… ok so that might be a bit of a stretch. But most of us do have jobs, spouses, kids, etc. keeping us busy IRL, so when we log into the game, we’re here to have fun and unwind. With a limited schedule, of Tues & Thurs 9-12 CST, we do take raid time seriously, but we also value our fairly relaxed, social atmosphere.

Our focus is on completing AotC every tier, and then we will tackle mythic fights as time allows. We will not push for mythic progression at the expense of our atmosphere. Raiders are expected to come to raid on time, prepared with appropriate consumables, enchants, and gems.

Currently recruiting all classes.

If you have any questions or would like to set up a trial run, you can contact me in game at: Rawrabear#1450.

Hey There Gordash!

Out of Reality is a recently formed guild on Stormrage full of players with different wow experiences that have banded together to have fun. Currently 8/8H with Mythic progression in mind. We are looking for other casual players that want to tackle endgame content in a fun and stress-free way.

Raid Times

Thursday - Optional Farm Raid @7pm EST

Friday - Core Raid 8:30-11pm EST

Saturday - Core Raid 8:30-11pm EST

If You want to know more add my btag Baratheon#1147 or one of our Raid Leads MsPanda#1193 & MrPanda#11738

Hey Gordash!

Welcome back to the game!

While I don’t think our guild is a good fit for you, I just wanted to let you know that your post was very well written and I wish our guild did fit you. You seem like a cool person to raid with :slight_smile: I wish you the best of luck in your search for the perfect guild home!

Best wishes,
Unholy

1 Like

Hello friend!

Found a Green Quest (Est. March 2018) a horde PVE guild with a cross-realm community is located on Zul’jin. We’re a small but growing fun, friendly, social family. We have a big focus on fun in and out of Azeroth.

We host community events such as fun contests, leveling groups, crazy mythics/dungeons/raids and more!

If you would like more information, have any interest or have any questions please reach out to me on here, battle.net or discord.

Real ID: Kiua#1912
Discord: Kiuayoukai#2395

Good morning! We would love to have you join our family if we sound like a good fit! You sound like you’d fit in great with us! <From Ashes> is an alliance guild my husband and I lead on the Whisperwind/ Dentarg servers. We are a social/ casual guild with a low stress raiding environment. Most of our members are older members (most are between mid 30s - 50s) with children and full time jobs. Our goal is to have a guild that feels like a family, where our members actually care about one another and want to hang out. We are firm believers that real life comes first and that this is supposed to be something we enjoy, not a job. We raid Normal and Heroic only on Wed/ Sun from 8p-10p cst (raiding is NOT required to join though!), have lots of off night events scheduled (in game and out), and a pretty active discord. We try to do as much as we can together as possible whether that be fun runs/ mythic dungeons/ raids/ achievements/ etc. Here is our guild spam if you want to check it out: [A] From Ashes (Whisperwind/Dentarg) LFM

If we sound like a good fit and you would like to chat please contact me in game or add my btag: Chelusa#1974. Good luck in your guild search!

Hey!

Hope you are doing well today! I read through your post and thought I’d reach out to see if I could interest you in my guild :).

Horde Against Humanity is a horde guild on Hyjal (Pacific server). We are a community focused guild (ages ranging from 18 to 50+) who strive to push content as hard as we can i.e. getting as many bosses down in Mythic as we can. We also like to run keys and random mog/achievement runs. We are more than happy to help those who want to learn and get better and can help with Dungeons or raids, or even some pvp if that’s what you are into.

We raid on Wed and Saturdays from 7pm-10pm server time. We also have a night where we get together and do keys and drink (optional of course) and have some fun as a guild!

If we sound like a good fit for you, feel free to add me on bnet: Shöck#11888!

Hi Gordash, it sounds like you would fit right in with the more mature players in Last Pull on Blackhand (H).

We don’t mind helping people catch up on gear or fight experience if they’re a good fit for us socially. We raid two nights per week (Friday and Saturday, 8-11pm EST) although with the holiday season approaching we have been doing one-night heroic alt clears one day per week. We use Discord for our raids and other group activities.

If you would like to chat, my Battletag is Jeschalen#1316.

Hi there Gordash!

My name is Kaniele and i am the GM of Dracarys Productions on Bleeding-Hollow!
We are recruiting members to join our CORE mythic group teams as well as people to join our raiding team!

We are a small group of fun, friendly, down to earth people. We are currently rebuilding after losing most members due to classic and a bit of a hiatus.
Our goal each tier is to clear Heroic. We run mythic + weekly and like to do things on off days such as mog/mount runs, achievement runs and Alt runs.

Current Raid days/times are Tues/Thurs 8:30-11pm EST but willing to switch a day to another weekday if majority votes on it.

Please message me if you are a down to earth person who doesn’t care so much about the logs but about having fun. Understand that this is a guild REBUILDING and is looking for active members to become a part of this community.

You may add me on bnet or discord.
Bnet-Kaniele#11677
Discord-Kaniele#7366

<Alliance Lives Matter> Currently 8/8M[US110] , 8/8H EP [first week aotc] , 9/9M BoD [CE] , 2/2H CoS, 8/8M Uldir [CE] , 11/11M Antorus [cutting edge].

Recruitment Needs for Mythic: (Transfer Required) 1 disc priest, 1 holy paladin, 1 resto shaman/battle shaman, 1 fury war, 2 ranged dps(strong preference for spriest+warlock) 1 elemental shaman… Potentially 1 other stud melee player. Anyone talented regardless of class/spec will be considered. Do not be shy to apply even if you are not one of our high priority classes.

Where to apply:
Applications be be submitted on our Google Form here :
forms.gle/jkfbHaTzqWP4BBBt5 (copy and paste link in web browser of your choice)

We just transferred to the largest alliance server in the game, Stormrage! We are making an aggressive push to recruit those who have what it takes to achieve Famed Slayer+Hall of Fame in the final raid tier of BFA and going forward. We also are always recruiting social, normal, and heroic raiders.

Finished US 140 for Mythic BoD. Killed Jaina multiple times before the hardcore nerfs and reclear her every week.

/www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/stormrage/Alliance+Lives+Matter

We also recruit normal and heroic only raiders for our normal and heroic raids. We have many awesome less hardcore players that join us for heroic and normal to learn from our mythic raiders. This is a very active and growing guild. Our raiders do not just log on to raid and than disappear.

Guild Goals: We are pushing aggressively for Hall of Fame/Famed Slayer/Sub 100 US in 8.3 Ny’alotha raid and going forward. We show marked improvement every single raid tier. We set our goals and then we do what it takes to meet them. We do meet our goals. Period. We started antorus 5 months late and burned our way through cutting edge Antorus. We easily achieve cutting edge every raid tier. This IS a cutting edge raiding guild with structure and organization that is going to be a famed slayer raid guild.

Raid Schedule [12 hours / week for mythic team]
[Mythic] Tues/Wed/Thurs/Sun - 8:30 to 11:30 pm central (9:30 to 12:30 pm est)
[Heroic] Saturday- Open to our heroic team raiders, mythic raiders, and mythic raider alts. run 8:30 central to 11:00. This team full clears heroic easily as well.
[Normal] Friday open to anyone 8:30 central to 10:00.

We push people to get 1 heroic clear and 1 mythic 10 plus a week done. This is required for our mythic raiders. As long as there is forging in the game people should be fishing for titanforges.

More about the guild: This is a semi-hardcore mythic progression focused guild first and foremost. We are an extremely active guild, the most active on the server, and more active than most servers/guilds. Our people do not just log on for raids once or twice a week. Our average age range is 21-33. We enjoy PvP- arenas, rbgs, bgs, wpvp, Mythic+, achievements. We have a very laid back but like to get stuff done kind of atmosphere when it is not raid time. When it is raid time, we get focused and serious and competitive in a non toxic results oriented manner. Very active and supportive guild filled with awesome human beings. Our raiders are competitive players always striving to better themselves. Flasks and feasts and vantus runes are provided for all progression raiding. We constantly analyze logs and push for improvement. We do not settle for mediocrity in any of our members so by being a part of this guild you will become a better player and person. This is just a small taste of our guild. Please contact an officer to have any questions or concerns addressed.

Where to apply:
Applications be be submitted on our Google Form here :
forms.gle/jkfbHaTzqWP4BBBt5 (copy and paste link in web browser of your choice)

If you’re interested in raiding with us and have any questions or would just like to join the guild feel free to contact Nebulaphobia, our recruitment officer.~!

BTag: Ashe#1789

Discord: Ashie#6243

In Game: Nebulaphobia-Stormrage

Hey there we might be a good fit for you if you’re interested in semi-hardcore mythic progression and are still looking. If you’re okay with being sat if we need to, we can work with you we’re older and patient too :slight_smile: We would love a consistent mage.

We’re looking to grow our M+ community as well as a couple more people to round out our roster and push further mythic raids in a laid back manner(get as far as we can but no stressin it). We’re all mostly older raiders who understand life happens. We do tmog runs when there’s interest and m+s regularly throughout the week.

CD is a progression-oriented guild that’s been around for 13 years and moved to Area 52 from the Eonar server. We pride ourselves on only playing with people we actually enjoy spending time with(no toxicity or drama) and are currently looking for mature players to bolster our roster. We were 9/9 Heroic and 3/9 Mythic BOD 2/2 H CoS. We’re currently 8/8N 8/8H 4/8 M EP. We plan to push into mythic and get as far as we can. We are also working on trying to have a strong Mythic+ community.

Our main raid nights are Wednesdays and Sundays 8-11PM EST. We also frequently do a Friday Night Normal(has been tuesdays lately) fun/alt raid and M+ runs on most non-raid nights.

Hit up Begzilla(Chibi#1952), Slowthar(Cretia#11550), Daishii(lokiashaman#1399) or Moruba/Andoras(Dolgare#1940) for more info and to do some runs and get to know us.

you can also apply here(just take the space out between h and t):
h ttps://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdyLrGcBGwa5qBgg5l6Bp7dq3uDxSgvb5WROWXEzDVuK3iuSg/viewform

Hey Gordash!

Four Ready Checks is a pretty new Alliance guild on Dalaran server, but formed by some long standing wow friends that are looking to build our raid team for next tier and into the new expansion. Our plan is to raid Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8:30 server to 11.

We have a variety of people ages in our guild ranging from 18 to 70! Myself being somewhere in the middle. :wink:

If you want to check us out or would like anymore in formation, feel free to hit me up! Add my btag Zhanne#1748