Looking Back, Blood Elves Are Hilarious

The Horde is ugly.

1 Like

I’m not getting into the Garithos thing again, but the idea that “it was one racist human” is ridiculous. He was the head of the Alliance remnants. For the Alliance to have promoted him (at all, ever) given his obvious racism is an indictment of the Alliance as a whole at the time. They put a guy in charge who went from 0 to genocide in a matter of months.

it’s okay for the Alliance to be flawed.

Not to mention what Metzan himself said in the vid I posted about the Alliance thinking the Blood Elves are too extreme. They were never going to rejoin the Alliance after WC3. We can argue about them being in the horde all day, but they were added to the game before neutral races existed. They explained their entry into the horde and their hatred for the alliance in the Eversong and Ghostlands questlines.

Now, where I do agree with you is that modern Blood Elves seem to have no thematic connection to the horde at all. Because they made them as bland as possible. There is nothing about these elves that makes them feel uniquely “horde”, neither in a tribal way nor the antihero way.

4 Likes

He was only head as everyone else was killed at the Capital or fighting the Scourge.

Lordaeron resented the Blood Elves for abandoning them, but they weren’t racist about it. Mostly cuz they were all dead. Which left the bitter ones behind who wanted someone to blame after their own Prince betrayed them.

Furthermore, those same racist humans? Many became Forsaken.

While the humans we play are from Stormwind.

Meanwhile the same Orcs that tried to genocide the Elves in WC2 are in the Horde. The same Horde that idolized Orgrim Doomhammer and Grom Hellscream.

2 Likes

The whole " he was only in charge because everyone else died" thing is silly. He shouldn’t have been promoted past a private.

Let the alliance be flawed. I promise it’s okay.

2 Likes

Funnily enough the alliance would have gotten high elves as an allied race if belves went full on fel and we got fel blood.

2 Likes

He was of noble birth and literally everyone else died. So, he used that to seize power of a people that was desperate for someone to save them.

2 Likes

Blood Elves, constantly referred to as a thot or e-girl race, are Horde. Horde are a “monster” faction and as it turns out, people/beings that are physically attractive are very much capable of being monsters and vice versa.

1 Like

The Horde are evil? Might want to glance at the alliance after they tried to extinct the Vulpera.

1 Like

You’re not the waitstaff, lady. You’re another person eating at the same restaurant, barging in and demanding I explain why I don’t like the food, after I already explained why and what I’d prefer, not liking my answers, knowing full well whatever I suggest next will be met with some cheap excuse. You’re not worth engaging with. Bye.

The Alliance is to Vulpera, what Sylvanas is to the Night Elves. We’re just less emo and dramatic about it and lack the entitlement, overbloated ego, and massively inflated sense of self-importance that Night Elves do.

1 Like

I love how some people like to push that idea, like the Helves didn’t already feel like the Alliance didn’t have their best interest at heart during WCII. The Garithos thing was well after all that and he wasn’t in power because everyone was dead. They also like to use the everyone was dead so that’s why they didn’t help the Helves thing. They like to forget WCII even happened. The schism already occured before III.

1 Like

So you have no idea what you actually want, only that ‘REEE THIS IS WRONG I HAAAET IT RAAAH’

Very good. Excellent contribution. You are a worthy addition to this thread.

They lost that edge long ago.

Now they have a supreme victim complex and inability to take responsibility for their own actions.

1 Like

You must be lost.

Cuz the Lordaeron leadership was shattered after Arthas betrayed his people. Garithos only had power due to that.

The rest of Lordaeron was dead or already left for Kalimdor.

Many High Elves traveled with Jaina as they didn’t approve of their King abandoning their allies.

1 Like

Not lost at all. That happened in III. Our schism with the Alliance happened in II.

About 5 or 10 of them did sure.

1 Like

This entire game has lost its edge. Too many “feelings” involved in story and world building now. Even the death expansion was overly “feely” and felt like some middle schooler trying too hard to appear edgy. This game needs its metalhead rockstar core back.

Enough of this pseudo-Disney BS.

1 Like

Again, we can argue about who belongs where all and whose guilty of what all day.

At the end of the day, this reversion has harmed the fantasy of all high elf races, dispersed it across the factions for dubious reasons, and its left the initial playable high elf race as the most boring and generic depiction possible.

I’m for all elves being different, because we never were a collective that agreed with anything. Some will be good, some will be bad, some in between.

My character is a murder hobo for hire.

2 Likes

You know when you say “we” and “our” you sound a bit unhinged, right?

It’s an RP game. Please unclench.

4 Likes