Looked at tier sets and oh boy

The gear in this game is aesthetically unpleasant?!

I am shocked. Shocked. Well not that shocked

It would be a nightmare if they were trying to balance ridiculously OP tier sets on top of the brand new talent load outs. It is smart to make them less impactful. Rarely did they even give us tier sets for the first raid anyway

This was an exaggeration right?

I feel like whoever was in charge of designing the night fae set just decided to repurpose it wholesale.

The heroic version has the best color, Monk probably has the best design. But overall just meh, very bland. No class fantasy yet again.

I thought they went pretty hard.
Y’know.
Because they’re rocks.

1 Like

They all look wack.

Do you wanna look like a gray shaman or a yellow shaman?

For the first tier this is great. It means that less power is derived from tier sets which will make it easier to ensure that specs and their trees are balanced before adding in more variables. This was one of the biggest problems we’ve had with borrowed power systems in the last few expansions.

I imagine future tier sets may end up changing play styles a bit more but even if they don’t I’m actually ok with this as well. I want to get back to playing by base character and not just a bunch of systems I don’t care much about because they are not permanent.

Blizz has never understood class or racial themed sets.

Unless you’re an Orc or Blood elf. Then you’ve got some good options.