Look, maybe you're not a M+ player any more, and that's ok

Basically the entirety of Covenant content in Shadowlands doesn’t count?

Sounds like you need better friends

1 player is group play? Gotcha.

Other than the fact that i said its optional. Single player mmo with optional group content. You can experience all quests and story in this game as a complete single player experience and never have to manually group with or talk to another player. Clicking a button and completing content isnt the same as the group content thats been designed for the end game.

You are the one saying i said that endgame wasnt designed for group play, are you trolling?

Translation: “See that content over there that so many players hated the game lost half its playerbase during Shadowlands? That’s your content. Say thanks to the devs.”

1 Like

Did the Garrison in WoD count as content?

Because, based on what little experience I’ve had concerning them?
Covenants are most definitely worse.

They lost their place in the endgame.

1. Do we actually have any metrics on sub counts before and after Shadowlands?

2. Do we know what portion of the players that left were casual versus more serious players?

3. Some content is going to be a whiff from any company. It’s disingenuous to claim that content didn’t exist if it wasn’t well liked. All the content offered within Covenants were accessible to casual players. And each covenant had a new game mode offered that gave zero player power and thus did not benefit higher level players.

That may be, my comment wasn’t trying to assess the quality of the content, seeing as how that’s completely subjective. It’s that Blizzard added a ton of content with Covenants that had nothing to do with player power and that did not require gear from high levels of group content. There was far more to do that wasn’t high level dungeons or raids in Shadowlands than MoP or WoD, for instance.

What does that even mean? Blizzard openly admits that too few players experienced raids in older expansions. Since then, they’ve made difficulties and systems to make it easier for players who aren’t doing high level dungeons or raids to experience that content. Those options still exist today; higher difficulties of both have been added on top of those for players who want harder challenges. Casual players lost nothing to give higher level players more challenging content.

You seem to just be looking for a reason to complain about higher level content…

1 Like

You mean content thats not live yet?

And you are STILL wrong. You cant complete everything without group content.

I said the games design is focused on group play. You are the troll that replied to me.

No they havent.

1 Like

Thats optional.

Ok. How about this statement then.

Wow has been designed from the beginning to be a true MMO, focused on social and group play but more recently our playerbase has requested time and time again they feel their time invested into said group play isnt being respected and that they have enjoyed the more casual and solo content thats been offered. We are expanding upon this moving foward to finally design the game to be a solo player experience mmo with optional group play for those who choose to do so.

We know that out Blizzard plans to add dungeon requirements to the Main Story Quest in War Within, and allow players to use a follower dungeon for players who don’t want to group with others.

1 Like

So is solo play.

You would still be incorrect. If anything they are catering more to solo play as the expansions go on.

Follower dungeons should be removed.

Your ‘group only mmo’ doesnt exist anymore.

Making group content for the requirement of story completion…optional.

No where did I say group only. Please learn to read.

Group content should be required.

I love dungeons and dungeon-crawl type games, but M+ just isn’t it for me, for whatever reason.

I think it’s because they are more or less a carbon-copy of Greater Rifts from Diablo 3, and whatever the replacement for that is in Diablo 4.

It’s content/a system I’ve already engaged with in another game, and seeing it reskinned and put in WoW doesn’t exactly make me want to engage with it.

Simply put, affixes just suck and don’t really add fun, they feel more of an annoyance than anything else, WoW just doesn’t feel like it was designed with that kind of stuff in mind.

Diablo was, it’s dark and easy to see lights/effects and move out of them, plus you are viewing everything from above, moving is a simple mouse-click- WoW is 3rd person and limited by the camera when you move into tight corridors/hallways, it’s just not the same.

I’m still gonna force myself to get the mount, the stupid infinite dinosaurus, but after that, I’m not touching M+ at all, probably for good because I’ve got other games that emulate the dungeon experience better.

Deep Rock Galactic just got a new update, that’s a better PvE game for me lol.

1 Like

The showed the sub graph at the GDC. SL cratered in subs.

I agree with you on this. But i have said for years that wow has become a single player mmo with optional group content. The moment raid quests could be completed inside lfr the group concept ended. You dont need to communicate with another player to join/complete it or even do anything at all. Click a button and win.

in 2024, MMO’s need to cater to the individual, not the group. Group content cannot and will not be required anymore because people log in by themselves. The novelty of “ooOOO PLAYING WITH OTHERS” on the internet is gone. It’s more of a hindrance to fun now than it is an enhancement. WoW realized the worst thing about their game was the community, and they are taking steps to allow players to reach end game AND PROGRESS without interacting with it.

Mythic + poisoned the community and with that, a sect of the WoW audience distanced themselves from the party finder and instead has settled for random heroic dungeon finder groups and LFR ever since. Remember when the most people who were ever playing the game was before Mythic + came out, there’s a reason for that. Mythic + is their cash cow esports mode and was never meant to be pugged. It was meant for teams, not groups. If you have a group of 4 others and have no problem with Mythic +, good, that’s because you’re playing it as they intended.

I applaud WoW for finally embracing a sect of the community that, since Legion, has been looked at as a black sheep. Adding heroics to the Great Vault was a great addition, and as good as I thought we would get, but Delves, combined with the new Mythic + affixes, are telling me that I don’t even need to dip my toe in Mythic + anymore, as I was debating on doing again. A solo only path in the dungeon finder will exist from level 10 to endgame in War Within, and will include dungeons, and that’s amazing to see.

2 Likes

There is no point for MMOs to cater to the individual. Games like Baldur’s Gate are more suitable for that. An MMO cannot compete with a good single player game for a single player experience.

How did M+ poison the community? Pretty much every element of M+ except for the scaling and affixes were in place already, either officially or through addons/external sites. We were speed running dungeons back when Wrath was retail; adding a formal timer didn’t set that tone.

Yes, it was 8 years before M+ came out; and the biggest drop in subscriber count came in the expansion immediately preceding Legion when M+ was released. To act like M+ was the reason sub counts dropped because it happens to exist at a period when sub counts weren’t at their highest is quite disingenuous.

If this were true, Blizzard wouldn’t have added it to the group finder tool. Clearly there are benefits of a steady group, but to act like the game hasn’t supported PUGing it is a bit far fetched.

Why does every M+ thread have the same 10 posters flaming people for not liking M+?

Every single M+ thread has the same faces.