Look, maybe you're not a M+ player any more, and that's ok

There’s people who take a while to progress to that point. They would run low keys and slowly progress up over the season and peak at that 12-14 range by the end.

For some people in that range, its difficult to jump into 0s without the old low key progression to work up to that old +10 difficulty.

They could probably still do it just fine, and peobably even faster than before, but one of the main complaints I see is they don’t want to spam heroics or do world content or farm whelp crests for crafted gear, etc… they just wanted to have that old low key dungeon progression for learning and gearing.

I think that’s a reasonable way to feel, but I also think a lot of people in that camp don’t understand just how fast and easy it is to get to 490+ and then run m0s comfortably in a learning environment. Its not like you have to spam heroics for months or something. Casual play for a week or two and you’re good to go.

1 Like

I have a macro for that boss that says:

"Drop adds on me. I’ll kite boss over here (drop pin), get behind me and then go ham.

Amazing how many people ignore this and keep trying to run in circles and dodge and deal with the frog adds unnecessarily the entire time

/facepalm

1 Like

I had a bad shield bounce double pull yesterday in a +12 RLP on the upper circle. I said sorry bad shield bounce and no one said a word. Owning up is definitely a factor.

3 Likes

I mean you guys are probably examples of how M+ toxicity is a self-reinforcing problem.

If you are a strong player you are less likely to be harassed in a dungeon and experience toxicity. You may not even witness it because of the community vetting that goes into building a higher key group.

If you are a player who is struggling, you are going to constantly be told you are doing something wrong in a dungeon. If you struggle to play competitively, M+ toxicity is going to be a daily experience.

3 Likes

Yeah which is why I think people are using it to cope for not being able to hit 3k or whatever

Same. Been a few times I’ll strafe and accidentally pull a mob we were planning on and I’ll be like “hey that’s my bad” after the pull

1 Like

This is a long winded way of ignoring the valid criticisms that these new affixes are creativeky bankrupt and lazy.

People are dumpstering M+ right now because this is garbage design.

1 Like

Not really. I have no problems helping people learn but at the same time I was doing 8s/10s first week of patch and honestly you should have an idea what you’re doing by that level.

I find the people who pretend to be better than they are the most toxic. People at the 6/7 range who think the runs fail because other people are bad yet they ignore bolstering stacks.

1 Like

Should have had a TLDR

Whould save the people their time wasting, reading that dribble…

I highly doubt the most active game mode in the game is being dumpstered by the majority

1 Like

People dumpster on M+ literally every season because they need something to karen about. The people crying about the TWW affixes are being hyperbolic if they think 3% dps is going to shift the meta every week.

3 Likes

PTSD as i go to chain pull the next pack in Everbloom and the Fury Warrior and BM hunter are straight unloading on the last 4-5 mobs when we’re 5-6 stacks deep.

Auto attack for the next 2 seconds pleeeeeease. Nope. 12 stacks

This is why I don’t chain pull with pugs. I just gather 3-4 packs and sit there until they all die before grabbing more.

Oh shoot i read that as Bursting.

Yeah bolstering is the same nightmare lol

1 Like

No you just choose to move the goalposts around in your head as a way to defleft criticisn of your favorite way to play the game.

M+ popularity has almost everything to do with accesibility and almost nothing to do with quality.

Case and point: Not only are people on the forums up in arms over this, respected content creators who prinarily engage with their community through M+ seem to share the sentiment

Is it because they can’t “handle it”? Or is it because this design is so painfully uninspired and dull it feels like it was designed by ChatGPT?

Cope.

1 Like

What? /10c

The only barrier preventing some of you from running M+ is you. Most things are within your control.

• You can work on fine-tuning your spec on training dummies to meet DPS checks.
  • There are still tanking, DPS, and healing trials accessible through class trainers.
  • You can practise pulls in Heroic or M0.
  • You can list your own key and form your own group.
  • You can join friendly M+ communities that welcome new players like Mythic Plus Friends and WoW Made Easy and run with them if you don’t want to entertain pure PuGs.

Apart from tuning problems, nearly every perceived roadblock to M+ success can be overcome.

If you hate M+ and don’t intend to participate, fine, but if that’s the case then why complain about something that has nothing to do with you?

1 Like

There’s probably going to be a lot of this when people start season 1 with a +2 mists, cruise through it cuz its mists, then get a +5 dawnbreaker that will be a trainwreck, which couldn’t possibly be their fault cuz the mists was so smooth.

As a filthy casual I plan to run everything at +2 on both weeks before going higher.

1 Like

What goalposts have I moved? My favorite game mode is actually arena and mythic raiding. Mplus is secondary for me.

Spoken like someone that’s not successful at it.

We are discussing toxicity not the new affix changes. Try to keep up.

Most people that aren’t successful can’t handle it.

What am I coping about? I’m not the one that’s not successful at the game.

2 Likes

Instead of pushing my key as high as it can go, i like to raise all dungeons as evenly ad possible

5 Likes

I generally only push with guildies the first few weeks then pugging whatever I need for max vault.