Long time player, recently departed

Hello everyone.
I’m sorry to have to be the bearer of bad news. My father, who played on Durotan for around a decade as Bru or Tilbru or possibly a few other names, passed away last night after a long battle with cancer at the age of 71. He quit playing when he received his diagnosis last summer. He felt like it would have been a poor way to spend what was left of his time, but I don’t think he regretted the time he spent here. World of Warcraft was a big part of his life, especially once he retired. He accomplished extraordinary things in this imaginary little world of ours.

I retired from active play many years ago, so I don’t know who he was still friends with in-game, but I hope whoever you are, you can find some peace in knowing his fate.

He thought you were all talentless noobs. Especially the healers. But then I don’t think he ever did learn not to stand in the fire, so take that with a grain of salt.

Azeroth, much like the real world, is a poorer place in his absence.

7 Likes

I never got the chance to play with him but I hope he manages to bump into my old man “Raycephus” and they can pick on us talentless noobs together. He’s been gone now for more than 7 years, it’s a void that is never filled.
I share with you my condolences for your loss.
My family actively supports the American Cancer Society. We relay, we support the Hope House here in Atlanta and we also promote the charity in our retail businesses. If you were not utilizing their resources before, I hope you’ll take a moment and explore the resources they offer the caregivers of a survivor that didn’t.

1 Like

Was he a retired math teacher by chance?

1 Like

I don’t know who, if anybody, will see this necro on a slow forum but my sincerest condolences.

1 Like

I wish you and your family well…I am sorry for your loss.

2 Likes