Lol retail

I cant wait to stop playing this garbage game made for casual scrubs who play on tablets once classic comes out.

39 Likes

Classic will be played on ipods

4 Likes

classic looks really boring to me. idk

im glad people enjoy it, i think thats awesome… but me personally i dont really think the game is so good just because “wow the mobs are soo much harder guise!!!” its like… cool.

those same people that say that are probably the same people that die to sanguine in mythic 10s.

4 Likes

Think a lot of people just want a game where character progression feels meaningful. Every upgrade in this game just feels pointless because theres 4 difficulties and titan forging exists. Theres no such thing as true BiS anymore. Goes for both pvers and pvpers.

18 Likes

I hope it’s a success and tbh more successful than Live so Ion and crew think about adding back the RPG elements, class depth and anti-casual catering back.

I was on beta yesterday, the first 5 minutes I see “Wow smiting as a priest is sadistic the pushback took me 5 seconds to cast”

Response from entire general:
“Welcome to Classic”

It’s gunna be really funny seeing the casuals who enjoy getting WQ heroic pieces complaining about gear being hard to get.

10 Likes

Just play void elf (:

Like for me on retail I mythic raid yeah. I dont even care about the gear though its so meaningless. Oh it didnt proc a socket oh it didnt warforge its not bis. I get more excited about unlocking the mog than the gear. It just feels garbage It’s always a treadmill I hate it. Let me get bis and just enjoy the damn game.

4 Likes

Can’t wait until they figure out pw:s stops knockback and priest is actually the most comfy caster.

3 Likes

Shadowpriest is the best 1v1 class in vanilla it makes everyone its toe licking biscuit.

3 Likes

Theres a lot of things design wise that honestly are things I really miss that make me desire classic. I think vens video does a great job explaining it.

Old school talent trees I loved more, gearing upgrades feel meaningful (current gearing systems with socketing/titanforging etc, are just horrible imo). Also just the classes depth in general is cool (in the rpg sense). One great example in his video is even if you’re a frost mage you still have your fire and arcane spells… your specialization focuses on the school you empower the most but you still have those core abilities which is awesome.

As a hunter I personally have missed both melee and ranged weapons. Also hunters mark, true scatter shot, stutter stepping for autos (always felt cool and interactive to me - to let them have more value) and scare beast. While for me, perfect hunter isn’t reached until WoTLK, I think there’s still so many good values the game has lost, and since they’ve stated the success of classic would lead to WoTLK servers I’m excited. But also because I think everyone retouching and seeing whats good and bad about both classic and modern WoW could actually lead to future innovation and improvements for the following WoW expansions. I wish we could have a WoW that grew from WoTLK onwards, Cata-MoP is still awesome and fun but becomes a slightly different game and WoD is just when it ventures way off. There’s good and bad about every version of WoW, but going back to the roots gives such a good understanding of what the game really should have in it. What classes and your character should feel like, as well as meaningful progression.

22 Likes

One with engineering js basically a raid boss. Add some actual raid gear and undead. U got possibly the scariest thing

Great point! If you take the design elements of classic wow, and inject the quality of life aspects of retail, I feel like that it would equate to an incredible game.

Jesus christ why did they have to shut down YTMND??! I’m 2 days late… I’d have the perfect relevant YTMND to this… T_T

https://web.archive.org/web/20080708140927/http://fixwarlocks.ytmnd.com/

Nvm, GOD BLESS THE WAYBACK MACHINE!

1 Like

An idea that actually sounds intriguing. The design elements of classic WoW (mainly referring to class design and the general idea of progression) might actually make BFA a much enjoyable experience for many. However, one of the main concerns in BFA for majority of the PvPers has been the system overall. The PvP gearing system along with the reward system has been frivolous since launch and I would only hope to see a better system integrated in the game. Perhaps something from WoTLK or Cataclysm might be deemed of great value retrospectively.

atleast no1 would care your gone

1 Like

Wholeheartedly agree with you on those points, started playing as hunter in WotLK and it was the most fun version for me. And the comment on stutter stepping for auto attacks is a skill you had to learn to maximize damage on the move. Something that set the good and average players apart. It allowed a skilled player to make up for lack of gear compared to less skilled players in better gear.

This is something the live game is largely missing and causes so much frustration for myself.

1 Like

so true big B, so true.

How can we make your post seen?! So many good points.

Good riddance. One less elitist we will have to deal with.

Lol classic wont be any better than it was back when it first came out… MEDIOCRE.

2 Likes

Yeah… If wow was Mediocre none of us would be here.

2 Likes