Lol @ ppl thinking we're getting a new race soon

It took them how long to implement reskins? Allied races are all about quantity over quality. An actual new race? LMAO

9 Likes

tbc - new race
wrath - new class
cata - new race
panda - new class/race
legion - new class
bfa - new race
??? - new class

3 Likes

What new race for BfA?

Kul Tirans are technically a brand new model.

3 Likes

That trend might stop for classes. Why would they add another whole class? Ion said it’s hard enough already to balance the current 36 specs. They even said they won’t add 4th specs onto the current classes.

They look like pandaren without the fur

3 Likes

That doesn’t make them any less of a new model.

2 Likes

Yes, yes it does

No, no it doesn’t.

They do not actually share any assets with Pandaren, other than what you think in your own mind.

4 Likes

And you’ve done a comparison of them both, both male and female? And don’t notice ANY similarities?

Actually no. They’re just heavy. That’s it.

2 Likes

I don’t see us getting new class or new specs but between the two I honestly feel a new class would be easier. That’d only be 3 (or 2 if they do it like DH) new specs vs like 11 or 12 or whatever. If it was back when differences between specs were more subtle I feel 4th specs would be easier but each spec now is so much more distinct that making new ones for existing classes seems like it’d be harder than a new class entirely. Just my perspective on it though

Yeah, it’s obvious that you haven’t done a side by side comparison

1 Like

I’m fairly certain that Blizzard is done churning out new races for a while.

Well I mean they said there would be no new races in 8.2, and 8.3 they would START working on some more fan requested ones.

So id say the next allied race wont be until the end of 8.3, bordering the next xpac.

Unless they’re Ethereal, I don’t consider them a new race anyway. Bwahaha.

Ion says a lot of things.

But, oddly, I do agree with him on the 4th spec thing. They can’t even balance the specs they currently have.

Now another class might actually be a little different.

You need better eyes then.

I really think they need a new mail class to smooth out the disparity as there is only two. Also the best expacs have had a new class to keep class design on their toes.

Wolk, mop, legion are certainly the better expacs while cata, wod and bfa are inferior so if nothing else I just want the trend to continue so I can look forward to a good expac.

2 Likes

Tinker could be a mail class. I imagine that their weapons would be bolstered by intelligence if you catch my drift.

1 Like