Logitech G600 mouse G7 and G8 - SOLVED

I’ve used a Razer naga for years…but its been double clicking and being a pain, so I ordered a G600 because people say its more durable. I received it today…problem is my keybinds on the Razer utilize the top two buttons by the mouse wheel in a standard way and a SHIFT as well. On the G600 these two buttons (G7 & G8) aren’t usable unless you remap them using the software but even then you can’t use them with SHIFT. I am going to use G15 and G16 to replace these top two buttons but its a shame that they don’t just work. I’ve had the mouse for like 2 hours…anyone had it longer and solved this issue???

THE FIX - I was unaware that the mouse wheel goes side to side and works side to side with SHIFT…so that’s even better than using the top two buttons.

I loved the two side buttons and it was something I had to give up when I went with Corsair, next mouse will probably be a Logitech.

Just sucks that my G13 isn’t supported under the new Logitech G Hub.

Sucks that they haven’t released a mouse to succeed the g600 with that same sort of design with improvements, etc. It’s been a long time!

The thing is, the G600 is such a well-designed mouse for its purpose and thus, it is surrounded by the ‘why fix it if it ain’t broke’ philosophy.

The only rational update that Logitech can do I think is just to release a wireless version of the whole thing and leave everything else unchanged.

I generally agree but I think (and it’s arguable) that they could make the buttons a bit easier to push and “Jut” out a bit more.

Since it’s old it’s also not readily available in markets outside of mainstream unless you pay massive.