Login servers down?

Man people really be out there with nothing to do but shut down servers.

Real petty. Do they not have jobs?

2 Likes

/shrug

I guess all we can do is wait. Was just curious if I was the only one being affected.

Did Blizz ever blue post about the last guy getting arrested?

If not they should have.

Yea, retail is kicking me off and not very responsive right now.

Don’t think so, but there’s multiple articles on it.

I’m reaching my character screen, but it’s all blacked out. Same experience as the last big DDOS.

Well, justice can’t be more effective than peoples awareness of it. Some follow up blue posts might have been worth while.

Especially since it appears Blizzard hasn’t adequately hardened infrastructure like other online business.

Edit: Just got into classic no problem. Might be retail only internal screw up.

I keep getting DCd, now having issues logging back in

Most vulnerable point is the authentication server but that wouldn’t affect the players already logged in.

They could be overloading the login server causing it to crash. From my understanding both classic and retail share the same login/authentication servers. (That’s why we can use the same login info for both) So something affecting one will affect the other.

Considering Classic and Retail use the exact same login servers and game server architecture, anything that affects one can affect the other.

Especially a DDOS. Which works by overloading routers with so much traffic that they can’t function properly.

2 Likes

I was online when I got disconnected, which now has prevented me from getting back in. I was inside Black Temple when I got disconnect. It’s cool, I can’t do nothing but wait for Blizzard to fix the issue.

1 Like

No advisory on Blizzard CS Twitter yet.

1 Like

Same here…was on when I got dced and can’t go back…hope they fix this soon

1 Like

Blizz launcher says high latency atm due to DDOoS attack atm.
Edit: The EU blizz twitter says its effecting overwatch as well.

I’m still in (since earlier this morning) haven’t been disconnected thankfully.

Lucky ducky. I was on around 7 AM EST, then got kicked off about an hour ago. :frowning:

The " Breaking News " says attacks towards certain ISP. I have Spectrum, so I suppose anyone else with Spectrum that’s playing WoW might be offline as well.

I’ve been having problems for the last 45 mins or so… Get as far as the login screen then get disconnected.

1 Like

Same. :frowning:

I log-in ok, start to play and then get kicked about 5 minutes in.

Same problem, can’t connect