Locked Name, Not Sure About Class

So I at least got my name reserved on 2 servers, but paid little attention to class/role, waiting to see what my friends do. My theory was that I could delete the toon to free the name and make what I want using said name. Anyone have any idea how long it takes them to “free up” a name after the toon is deleted… I kinda assumed it was immediately, then got worried?

Instant as I have changed name

just did it the other day. its right away.

Names are immediately available after deleting a level 1 character. The best option is to have a friend help hold the name until you’re done customizing, or use the character creator to mock up your character so you can quickly customize the new one after deleting the old one.

I changed names around, it’s instant.

However, I would wholeheartedly recommend on settling on your class/race BEFORE launch day.

Do not be remaking your character and putting your hard-won name out into the world ON launch day, when there are likely to be hundreds of thousands, if not millions more players who DIDN’T reserve their name logging in and making characters for the first time.

It will be just as dangerous on launch day to change up your character as it was on name reservation day, if not MORE so.

Good Luck!

Hope RNG is on your side otherwise Rip

That would 100% be blizzard, RNG for my name

I have deleted and recreated each of my 3 toons at least 4 times each. I agree to do it now before launch

I was worried but did mine this morning before I left and it worked in my favor. Good luck!

Here is the conundrum… someone with whom I want to play with is on Pagle, as is one of my placeholders. THAT server is marked as FULL. If I delete my toon and immediately try for a new one, my guess is they may lock me out.

You can do it with only a 5 second window for the name to be stolen. See post:

Quick Character Change

It doesnt matter. “Full” is not “locked”.

This method will work regardless.