Locked into a covenant, Night Fae BM hunter Nerf

Week 1 nerf - Feels bad™

I’m watching Boomkin damage 15k on mythic 0 bosses and somehow every two minutes my Pet is hitting an extra amount? Just whatever with this expansion.

2 Likes

Let me just say: Druid Tantrum (Convoke the Spirits) is amazing. It is so amazing that I’m pretty sure a nerf bat is coming…and it will be made of titanium when they hit us with it.

But yeah. It’s crazy good.

2 Likes

I grouped with a boomkin yesterday and it was very cool. I have no idea what spells they were using, but I saw lots of mobs lose 30k in a second’s time and that was rad.

I think MM with NF’s cov ability is next in line at the Nerf Disco, so I went Kyrian just to be safe. Also I want the Kyrian renown 27 battle pet ASAP.

its you and your pet I believe. any ability you cast also hits all targets for damage. it has other things as well. gives us 16 stacks of our new buff the night fae give us in the soulbind. honestly they will probably end up nerfing it more

They were using Convoke the Spirits on cooldown. It’s basically an “I Win” button.

1 Like

Same lol, Convoke as Balance is hilarious and I’m enjoying it while I can.

1 Like

I like that :slight_smile: but yes, It’s amazing, and here’s hoping they buff others rather than nerf it.

2 Likes

Do you think I will have time enough to get my low level druid which is level 17 to level 60 to take part in this fun shenanigans?

1 Like

Word. It’s ever so much fun.

I’ve used it in Resto and Balance. I love how adaptable it is. In Resto, I was able to help us push into M0’s before the tank was quite ready to be there gear-wise. he’s also a good player, so that helped a lot. But it was great.

I love that it changes depending on my form and what my target is. I can use it to help down the boss, even in resto, or I can use it to save the tank, or I can use it like tranquility. It just…works.

1 Like

Also, don’t get me started on BM, which is and has always been my favorite class since Vanilla. Blizzard Developers have this “we design stuff to be a certain way, so we can than break it down” attitude with BM.

A very simple, fun/mobile class designed specifically to be this way by the Developers only to have them try and find ways to cripple them. If you don’t want super mobile easy classes like BM do not design them this way in the first place.

There’s truth to that, but it’s so widely played that they’re kind of in a corner on the class.

Still, as someone with a BM who is night fae, we all had to expect that a nerf was inevitable.

1 Like

#PullTheRipcord - Community / General Discussion - World of Warcraft Forums (blizzard.com)

1 Like

I hit it and in my head I just hear angry Moonkin noises, I love it

BM Hunter has just been slammed with nerfs. WTF? Pets now squishy as hell, doubled res time to 4 sec, 5% damage nerf, and now this. It seems they are actively trying to get Hunters to quit the game.

2 Likes

It feels a heavy punishment to make us to stop moving and give BM hunters something to micromanage. It’s why I stopped tanking a while ago. Knowing my BiS is a MORE GCDs with a trap launch and flare. I’m not sure what those guys are doing over there @ Blizzard; but, doesn’t feel good.