Lock threads after 30 days inactivity like the EU WoW forums

who explained that it is meant to be this way, though?

Care to explain?

in my opinion, necro’ing is perfectly fine as long as the “necro-post” is making a genuine attempt to continue the conversation in good faith.

which would fit with vrakthis’ statement that necroing is not inherently against the code of conduct.

now, if the “necro-post” in question was made in bad faith and has no purpose other than trolling, then yes it is against the code of conduct for being a trolling post.

but then that post is against the code of conduct because it is trolling and the fact that it is also a necro-post has no bearing on it being against the code of conduct.

1 Like

Just report and don’t engage. Let moderation deal with their own behaviour.

i just wanted to reference another forum that does not auto-lock threads.

the threads on Corsair’s forum are not auto-locked and i find it to be very helpful.

When i have a problem with one of my corsair peripherals, i search google and i am directed to a thread that discusses my issue.

it is very helpful for the corsair customer support to get the full picture when they can see the discussion from previous threads.

why is it preferable to create a new thread to discuss the same topic instead of just continuing the discussion in the same thread?

it honestly just seems like it is creating new threads for no reason.

i honestly and genuinely want to know:

what is so bad about posting in a thread that is over 30 days old? it doesn’t hurt anyone, it actually reduces clutter on the front page of the forums because no new threads are created simply for the purpose of discussing THE EXACT SAME TOPIC

i mean some threads theres a legit reason to bring it back up.

1 Like