Lock or Feral D for the pvp life

I know these are two totally different classes and play styles. I just want your popular opinion on which one is better in retail for PvP. This is all PvP (Arena, BGs, world). If you play either or both, which one you enjoy the most? Thanks guys/gals!

I have capped both. I have played Warlock forever. It’s fun and familiar. The pets can be fun, the mounts are cool and you go ham on the transmogs with all the death and destruction looking items. That said, I only just recently capped my druid. I was feral from the get go and I loved that cat form so dang much. Just stealthing around and beating things up was a blast. Then, I discovered moonkin and life changed. I really enjoy ranged casting as a boomchicken and people in PvP tend to hate druids.

All of that said, you are already playing a stealthy, leather-wearing, glass cannon. Warlocks are incredibly fun. You can go demonology for fun and lots of getting locked or affliction for DoTs and CC. Still a glass cannon and I feel affliction is way more nuanced keeping up the dots and knowing when to CC and pop defensives. But, a good affliction Warlock can be a game changer. Whatever you decide, best of luck and just enjoy the ride!

1 Like

Just my opinion, but I think desto lock is the ideal spec for this question. Good cc, burst, survivability, and utility. Feral to me is more of a gimmick spec which needs specific comps to work.

If you like rogue, you’ll probably love feral. It’s a similar experience but you’ll be a lot more mobile, have better 1v1 matchups, and can flag run / orb hold in randoms.

It isn’t really as good as rogue right now but that can change at any time and you might find it more fun, which is the important thing.

I don’t know enough about arenas to be worth listening to.

But I do have an undead warlock friend that has an absolute ball running around Stormwind! He uses a combination of Drak Pact and something else to completely negate an enemies initial burst, which is incredibly strong against ret paladins. On the negative side, warlocks have trouble with flying guards, but their soulstone, portal, and survivability are excellent.

I don’t know much about ferals right now, but stealth is always amazing even with demon hunters running amok. Mass entanglement can help you make quick escapes from sticky situations, and I saw a guardian druid 1vs4 some people in Stormwind about a month ago.

You might also consider which race you want to roll, as well. Undead and Void Elf warlocks are probably very strong for world PvP, as are Night Elf, Zandalari, and High Mountain Tauren for druids.

It will be far more difficult to get into groups for any content as Feral.