Lock Chat Tab

I realize most questions concerning chat tabs are how to move them. I want the things to stay put. Even if I click the tab.

1 Like

Right-click the tab > Lock Window

Nope, that’s not what lock window does

1 Like

Things doesn’t help narrow down what things you are talking about not locking when you want things locked… or somethning like that.

Dunno how much more explicit I can be than I don’t want the window to move, even if I click (and drag) the tab. Locking merely prevents it from changing size.

1 Like

Then I suggest you might have an addon altering the behaviour.

I just renamed my Interface folder (retail) in order to be using nothing but the default UI, logged on, selected the Lock option for General and General was locked in place.

try that with Combat Log

1 Like

Things are a bit more specific now :wink: . But the result is the same. Unlock enables drag, lock disables it.

Default UI once again.

That is odd, as I’ve experienced this behavior for 16ish years. Lock both general and Combat, which is right next to general, and Combat can be dragged off. At least as of 97 seconds ago, this was still true. Even with the default UI.

1 Like

Undock Window

Move where you want it (without it re-docking)

Lock window.

Le sigh. That’s the point. I don’t want it undocking. At all. I do not want it to have that ability.

2 Likes

Ok yeah, I can reproduce this. Right Clicking General > Lock Window, Locks the General tab in place but any additional tabs you create can still be dragged off of the group. I’m not seeing a way to lock them to the group.

1 Like

The only thing that comes to mind is unchecking the “Make Interactive” option.

Have you tried that?

Crude but…

/run ChatFrame2Tab:SetScript("OnDragStart", nil)

You could paste everything but the /run part into the web site addon.bool.no to make a small addon out of it so you don’t have to run the script every time you logon.

Edit: This assumes you will never want to drag the combat log chat frame. It could probably be made a little more flexible with some thought.

Edit2: Still crude but should allow dragging only if the Combat Log chat frame is set as Unlocked

/run ChatFrame2Tab.xD=ChatFrame2Tab:GetScript("OnDragStart")ChatFrame2Tab:SetScript("OnDragStart",function(self,...) if not ChatFrame2.isLocked then self.xD(self,...) end end)

1 Like

I was using Combat Log as an example. I want none of the tabs movable. But yeah, this is a whole lot closer

1 Like

Extend it to all frames except General (presuming you still want to drag General but things are still difficult to figure out)

/run local t,c for i=2,10 do t=_G["ChatFrame"..i.."Tab"] c=_G["ChatFrame"..i] t.xD=t:GetScript("OnDragStart") t:SetScript("OnDragStart",function(self,...) if not c.isLocked then self.xD(self,...) end end) end
1 Like

Yep, seems to work as an AddOn! Many thanks!

I have grave fears my talents as a comedian are not going to be enough to live on… :face_with_monocle:

Weirdly, the Pet Battles tab doesn’t have a Lock option

1 Like