Lmao my balance druids new tier sims at a dps loss over last season

I’m 496 and my tier is all 489 from last season, I just ram a sim with this seasons tier @ a 506 itemlvl (a 17itemlvl) increase and its a dps LOSS.

In many MANY years of wow I cant ever remember that happening, balance is not going to be raid viable with this oh my god wtf.

5 Likes

its great isnt it

This was almost every spec going from season 1 → 2. Then everyone got a buff going from 2 → 3.

Now its up in the air depending on which set won. This isnt new nor unique to balance Druids

Players have only themselves to blame. This is why I hate votes. Players are sheeple who bleat the same crap some influencer on a stream said or parrot whatever the discord hive mind states.

They did the same to destro warlock. The S3 destro warlock set gave them mobility via dimension portal and gave them on demand burst aoe dmg.

Then they decided to be collectively dumb and voted s1 set because “muh chaos incarnate, dimensional rift bad hurr durr”.

3 Likes

Can we stop downplaying this? They nerfed season 1 tier set going into season 2 and this community voted for the pre nerfed version.

How can their internal sims be so bad that a 17 ilvl increase turns out to be worse than the old set?

It’s garbage and it needs a fix asap. We’re absolutely floor dps and it’s the opposite of fun.

Also this! I voted season 3 as for some reason a big balance streamer was telling the community that S1 will be the pre nerfed version. It wasn’t mentioned anywhere, yet the community sheeps followed his call and voted this mess.

1 Like

Happened to Feral going from season 1 into season 2 as well.

Happening to Guardian (defensively) going from season 3 into season 4.

Its not downplaying anything when its a common thing.

Blame the community for lack of common sense and critical thinking skills. They nerfed it for a reason. They weren’t going to unnerf it going into our strongest (via highest secondary collection) season of the expansion.

1 Like

funn thing is, the boomie cord warned against voting for s1, but everyone listened to tettles despite better judgement from multiple tcers and whatnot

1 Like

Exactly! Everyone should know by now that streamers are full of lies.

They hyped plunderstorm and it was a pure marketing campaign.

Blizz never mentioned anything about unnerfing tier sets…

I hope they’ll never do a community vote ever again.

And yeah I can still remember when SL where he predicted kyrian boomkin to be the one best covenant. In the end it was the worst covenant.

People should start to think for themselves

3 Likes

okay i didnt say that at all, if you completely missed the point of the message to rag on streamers and plunderstorm then your completely off based

You said it here. I just extended on it. Because he was taking his vote on a wrong assumption as well. It was never stated to revert the S1 nerf but as soon as the rumor was out, his sheeps followed him and now we ended up with a ruined season.

Anyone who thought it was going to get fully reverted is silly. But blaming streamers and their community is equally wrong.

Blizzard said and I quote; “Please keep in mind that we’re going to update the power of the set bonuses to match the increased power of the new gear in Season 4, so any bonuses you choose will be tuned to be as strong as any others.”

Reading this would make anyone think that if they vote for the season 1 set, it would be buffed to a point that’s reasonable. Stop blaming players, and blame the company who wrote these words.

3 Likes

Tuning does not mean making the set as fun as it was before.

The choice was made purely on the hope of reverting it. We ended up with this dog tier set because of hope instead of facts.

I agree that blizz is to blame, but it’s also the community fault for blindly following such agendas. S3 was miles better than S1 and many warned to choose it. We got trolled big time.

Anyway, I’m on my warlock and will not waste anymore time on balance till this mess gets sorted out.

They wont change it until we all take drastic measures. We should all put our money where our mouth is and unsubscribe until blizzard fixes this. It was a pure bait and switch. Decisions and bs like this are what have cost them many players in the past and they dont listen until they start loosing money and subscribers.

Bait and switch? These decisions? Lol you mean letting people vote and giving them what they asked for.

They said they would balance the tier sets accordingly if need be. Using common sense and a little critical thinking skills, looking at the tier set that means they would adjust the damage modifiers to Wrath and Starfire for the 2pc and adjust the AP reduction and/or add a small damage modifier to the 4pc.

Nowhere and not once did the word “revert” come to mind when reading about choosing which tier set we wanted

this wasnt bait and switch at all, blizzard did exactly what they said they’ll do. they gave people the tier they wanted and buffed it. the difference is, the player base expected them to rebuff it to its previous strength and blizzard clearly thought it was too gameplay warping and didnt unnerf it. again no one in their right mind believed blizzard would make clearly overtuned tiers overtuned again (vdh season 2 tier set) or buff weak tier sets to a realistic amount (ret season 2 tier set needed a 400% buff to be competitive with s3)

this is why we dont let the playerbase vote for things, youd think we’ve learned wtih grimrail and irondocks

1 Like

Somehow Balance Druids seem to be the only ones under the impression of “if we vote for S1 tier they’ll revert it” (granted, I think we were the only spec with a reworked tier set?).

But taking the polls at face value I can’t see how anyone was under the impression that that was going to happen. Everyone one else who saw this poll knew exactly what the options were going to be. All the news articles talking about the poll and what the options were understood that the tier sets would be the ones that currently exist. It’s comical that people thought this would be otherwise and are not upset that they feel that they were blindsided or misled.

2 Likes

no, alot of specs were like that vdh blood dk and what not. it took alot of work to not let vdh s2 win cause no chance it was gonna be unnerfed back to its overtuned power

s1 was the most interesting that actually changed our playstyle… we voted s1 because of that. Now the issue is that they mentioned they were going to tune tier sets to some degree. And guess what, they didnt…

1 Like

They did tune them. Just not how you wanted. They increased the bonus to the discounted spender. That’s a buff. It was insufficient.

What you people wanted as a revert to the original S1, which is not a promise they made. So we’re stuck with a bad tier set bonus due to your fanciful thinking.

1 Like

Blizzard said that tuning would be done to bring the tier sets on equal footing. Or at least that powerwise it wouldn’t matter what set would win. If a 17 ilvl increase with change in tier set results in a dps loss, that’s that tuning not being sufficiently done. If swapping tier sets at same item level wouldn’t result in DPS loss, and it would be the end of season version of the set instead of the wanted start of season version, than I would agree this wouldn’t be a blizzard issue, and it being a player issue. But as of now, blizzard still hasn’t fulfilled their promise of tuning the s4 set to be strong enough. So I think people have the full right to complain about it being a “bait and switch” or blizzard lying.

2 Likes