Live Developer Q&A Friday, December 14 – Submit Your Questions

A toon on my account has 348 ilvl and receives 355 gear rewards, and another toon with 351 ilvl receives 340 rewards. Will that be fixed?

Is there any intention of ever having another server merge? Or allowing guilds to exist cross server? Feels bad to have to re-locate a guild and possibly lose people in that shuffle just to get new members.

1 Like

My realm has been dying ever since cata. Is there anyway we can have more realms merge together instead of just sharding? I feel so isolate.

TLDR, why spend so much time developing new systems for 1 expansion. Warfronts could have been an epic dungeon experience. Islands could have been semi random dungeons (like violet hold). Could have stood test of time with time walking and leveling, without consuming so many development resources.

Class identity was addressed in Legion and BFA as a striving point for class game-play design, but I feel as if the fantasy is focused towards spec design and not the class as a whole. Any chances of looking at classes as a whole in the future?

2 Likes

You mentioned at the end of legion you were looking into making more challenging solo content like the mage tower for exclusive rewards. Can we expect to see the same thing in a future patch of bfa.

2 Likes

Can us pack rats get more bank space?

5 Likes

How do the game devs define their goals? Are they designing systems to try to make Activision happy? Or are they designing systems to try to make the players happy?

3 Likes

8.1 is here and small tweaks are not the class rework that Shaman were expecting. Are there further plans to make the Shaman class more desirable or viable in raiding or high end plus content?

3 Likes

They hired a new head of class design a bit before Blizzcon. That likely killed any major overhaul of the classes for 8.1.

They are designing systems to maximize the amount of time you play Blizzard games.

2 Likes

I think there should probably be another wave of connecting realms. Or just break down and actually merge servers.

Why does this feel like you’re wasting more time by creating another Q&A topic? Countless suggestions have been made on the forums and they continue to be overlooked.

3 Likes

I want to dual wield burritos while wearing a nacho hat. Make it so!

1 Like

Will we be getting vulpera and sethrakk as an allied race?, if not who will we get for 8.2?

1 Like

when are monks getting nerfed cuz they shouldn’t be able to not be hit and not be oomed also why did you take away deadly brew from rogues this is ridiculous and y a 3-4% damage nref really any one who cant kill us sucks and warriors are to op right now and you guys buff them this is stupid

Get rid of Titanforging and Warforging? Please for the love of god!

2 Likes

MoP- Legion had fun and exciting game play. In BFA, the game play slowed way down and pretty much every class is more boring to play than past expansions with several classes pretty much unplayable at a high level. As a loyal customer for over 10 years, I ask you, why should I keep playing after my Six Month Sub runs out? Do you plan on making the game play fun again or is this the new direction of wow?

It feels weird that casters hold their staffs like a sword or axe. Do you think we will ever get idle staff holding animations like what Khadgar has?

4 Likes

blight isn’t a disease, it’s more like toxic gas the sort you saw in the world wars. You can’t inoculate against something that melts your lungs into a puddle.

They just need to get the designs for the Forsaken gas masks up and running.