Live Developer Q&A Friday, December 14 – Submit Your Questions

While they’re at it, also allow frost death knights to wield a 2-handed weapon again.

3 Likes

Why did you chose to make non war mode cross realm?
Farming on my server for raid mats (meat, herbs, etc) is near impossible because of a server we are linked to dominating all the farming areas. None of those materials will ever see our auction house making our economy suffer.

1 Like

Will there be a fix for the constant phasing out of mining nodes and herbs while trying to extract the resources? It is really frustrating to go out of the way to kill mobs, etc. and have the node/herb disappear after you’ve completed the progress of mining or picking.

1 Like

What harm would their be to extend b-tag into /say, /emote, and /whisper in game? Those that are into the fantasy of RAWR if it’s red it’s dead won’t use it, and those that wish for in-game direct cross-faction RP could enjoy it. B-tag because it’s 100% under the user’s control.

Was the latest patch’s Communities update intended to destroy the functionality of the Cross RP addon?

6 Likes

Are the any comments on or will anything be done about the recent changes that have effected the addon Cross-RP?
[ PATCH 8.1 AND CROSS-FACTION ROLEPLAY]

7 Likes

A toon on my account has 348 ilvl and receives 355 gear rewards, and another toon with 351 ilvl receives 340 rewards. Will that be fixed?

Is there any intention of ever having another server merge? Or allowing guilds to exist cross server? Feels bad to have to re-locate a guild and possibly lose people in that shuffle just to get new members.

1 Like

My realm has been dying ever since cata. Is there anyway we can have more realms merge together instead of just sharding? I feel so isolate.

TLDR, why spend so much time developing new systems for 1 expansion. Warfronts could have been an epic dungeon experience. Islands could have been semi random dungeons (like violet hold). Could have stood test of time with time walking and leveling, without consuming so many development resources.

Class identity was addressed in Legion and BFA as a striving point for class game-play design, but I feel as if the fantasy is focused towards spec design and not the class as a whole. Any chances of looking at classes as a whole in the future?

2 Likes

You mentioned at the end of legion you were looking into making more challenging solo content like the mage tower for exclusive rewards. Can we expect to see the same thing in a future patch of bfa.

2 Likes

Can us pack rats get more bank space?

5 Likes

How do the game devs define their goals? Are they designing systems to try to make Activision happy? Or are they designing systems to try to make the players happy?

3 Likes

8.1 is here and small tweaks are not the class rework that Shaman were expecting. Are there further plans to make the Shaman class more desirable or viable in raiding or high end plus content?

3 Likes

They hired a new head of class design a bit before Blizzcon. That likely killed any major overhaul of the classes for 8.1.

They are designing systems to maximize the amount of time you play Blizzard games.

2 Likes

I think there should probably be another wave of connecting realms. Or just break down and actually merge servers.

Why does this feel like you’re wasting more time by creating another Q&A topic? Countless suggestions have been made on the forums and they continue to be overlooked.

3 Likes

I want to dual wield burritos while wearing a nacho hat. Make it so!

1 Like