Live chat and callback always offline during shown hours?

But again, a ruleset that allows someone to target like this… with such ease, i don’t grasp how that can be validated. As given as example… Mike Ybarra’s own guild boost, the guild leader collects, so if someone goes and buys bad gold or scams and uses that to pay, his guild leader should be banned without appeal?

Essentially the only way to stay safe is trust nobody, trade with nobody. Defeats the ‘massive multiplayer’ element.

This is what the war on gold sellers has come down too! Anytime someone is banned they do get to appeal! In fact they get several appeals, but you do not get to present anything it is just to review the logs and information to look for mistakes.

Not really safe to take large amounts of gold when you have no idea where it came from.

3 Likes

Lots of players exchange gold in small and large quantities with other players every day - bans are relatively rare. It isn’t straightforward to say why you got flagged, but if you’re doing legitimate things in game I wouldn’t overly fixate on it just yet. Just appeal using the appropriate method and it will get looked into.

3 Likes

Problem is the type of thing he is accepting gold for. There is a high chance that someone gave him gold that came from a gold seller, In other words was from someones stolen account. That gold got traced to him taking the gold for their guild event.

We have seen a few coming here who has been suspended and the one thing they had in common was GDKP runs. So someone selling boosts for high amounts would also attract this dirty stolen gold and if your on the receiving end, well this could happen to you.

2 Likes

Personally i find the most frustrating thing (and maybe this has changed since all those years ago i had this experience similarly)… they don’t just say ‘This is the problematic trade’ so you can easily provide all the information you have about it. This did eventually happen on my callback resolving everything.

This whole concept of ‘not to give away banning secrets’ i think is just nonsense, as someone who does alot of boosting on the legitimate side, we cross paths with the illegitimates regularly… and Blizzard is not their concern, blimey… we’ve even reported a RMT group in the past with clear cut evidence and they are still there on the same characters.

The problem is, Callbacks were NEVER, EVER, for ANY kind of appeal, did some customers abuse the Callback/ Bliz rep on the phone? Yes, did some Bliz reps actually answer questions? Yes, apparently. And as you can see that sets a bad precedent, because it will not happen again for you. Have a suggestion, then best place is general, complaining that you abused the callback number in the past and cannot do it again will not garner sympathy.

4 Likes

Thing is they do not accept things for appeal with the call back feature! This is why they got rid of the number you could call it. Why it would get slammed with people trying to call in for things they could not help with like appeals.

Maybe you do not think that more and more people will get suspended and banned for receiving stolen gold but it is happening. Thing is you have no idea if they have legit gold or not.

The other group you said was doing RMT boosts, Problem is unless blizard can find out in game that they are taking RMT for boosts it can be hard to prove. Also it is possible that they replaced all the toons and the guild after they got banned and used very similar names.

5 Likes

Maybe you do not think that more and more people will get suspended and banned for receiving stolen gold but it is happening. Thing is you have no idea if they have legit gold or not.

Problem is unless blizard can find out in game that they are taking RMT for boosts it can be hard to prove

So we’ve reached a point where the rulebreakers, are at less risk then those following the TOS. That in my opinion, is the problem and what makes it so much more frustrating.

Also it is possible that they replaced all the toons and the guild after they got banned and used very similar names.

Not the case sadly. Multiple groups we’ve tried to highlight in the past, nothing ever happens.

I would not be so sure.

Historically Blizzard follows the gold trail. If they can detect that a player Z has received questionably sourced gold from another player X, they will follow the gold trail back as far as they can go to disrupt gold seller supply chains.

8 Likes

The rule breakers are at greater risk! They tend to get perma bans.

But yes they will go after anyone who comes into contact with tainted gold. So if your involved in selling boosts and you accept the gold then your account is at risk.

2 Likes

Were going in circles here do we realy need to keep going in circles.

2 Likes

If you have (rule) suggestions you can give it to Blizzard through the ingame suggestion box or at an appropriate non-support forum.

3 Likes

Yes we are! Think this thread has run it’s course.

2 Likes