Little things that made Classic better

This is a nice write up, but I think you’re taking his statement too seriously.
Especially since its was on April Fools.
Everyone knows what you’re saying, and everyone agrees with it. Its correct but obviously correct to the point of pointless.

The little thing where you knew people, and they knew you. Your kindness, or you nastiness followed you. There was no hiding behind different realms, or changing identity with a name change.

Like living in a small town, you were your name, You stood behind your name, your name was your bond. So you worked hard on building that name, and it built character.

I was a priest, and as soon as I logged on I would get whispers from people to join a group.

I was on a PVP team, often times the opposing team, knowing we were better, would just sit around a fire …not even try.

So yeah, the little thing of reputation of who you were and building on that…that was better.

Chocolate? Sacrilege for these forums!

May I please have Vanilla?

Boom, tish :wink:

4 Likes

Two days ago was April 2nd, not April 1st. It’s his way of rubbing salt in the wound over his comment last month in the thread on portal removal before the portals were removed. He knows exactly what he was doing by including that comment in his April 2nd post. He won’t put it down and let it die. And as long as he keeps pushing that agenda, I’m going to call him out on it. He brought an argument about current WoW into a forum on Classic WoW. When he lets it go, so will I.

I haven’t played BFA in a while but what is the uproar about removing portals about? A convenience thing?

This is the thread in General Discussion and his post in it. Scroll through it to see the exchanges between him and the players.

(https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/u/Bornakk)

Buddy, he was being facetious. Look it up.

In the face of facts, they doubled down and still believes this is an appropriate place to debate the portal removals. Theres no stopping them. Just let them rage and they’ll stop derailing this topic soon enough, though honestly the Blue basically did the same thing which was kinda unprofessional, but whatever.

1 Like

The hard decision is how many mobs are between you and that node. Think you can run between them, but end up pulling 2-3 and instant death?

1 Like

I’m hoping I can turn the graphics down farther than retail currently lets me. An actual full screen mode would be nice too. If performance ends up being the same, and it’s already on the new engine, I guess I wouldn’t object to the new models then. I’m becoming afraid we can’t have nice things like 60fps from a nine year old machine.

You’re making an assumption (and you know what THAT does). You have absolutely NO WAY of knowing that; you just want to be argumentative. Let HIM come in here and clarify his statement, like he tried to do in his other post when he was called out by the players.

You’re being told to stop arguing about a topic that isn’t fit for this discussion and yet he’s the one being argumentative?
You seriously can’t see where you’re wrong?

I’m looking forward to the feeling I had when I finally got the big stuff like the benediction staff on my priest.

1 Like

You need to direct that comment to the CM who started the argument IN THIS TOPIC. He deliberately, and possiby with malice aforethought, dragged a current WoW - General Discussion issue into a discussion on Classic WoW. Interesting to note that he hasn’t been back in this thread after making that gratuitous post.

And I do not recognize your authority nor right to tell me what I can and cannot say in a public forum. So long as I do not violate the CoC, you can take your “authority” and shove it.

OR, if you are alliance, it will take you more than 30 minuts just to reach Rage Fire Chasm. Back in the days, I did it only once and took a lot of work to get there

Or if you are holy paladin you don’t care. (After like level 40 or so). You can just agrro 10+ and kill them all. Granted, killing part took time and some judgement optimizations ;p

I did it as Horde numerous times (first time was 3 DPS no healer, and we wiped repeatedly on the entry mobs). As Alliance, I only ever cleared it once, during a PVP City Invasion.

30 minutes? Vanilla dungeons take well over and hour at least to complete them.

It depends. I agree with you. But if you do same donjon with same people over couple of days (let’s say Zul’Farak, because the first time I saw pyramid it memorized me) the time goes down REALLLY fast. You start to know when your healer is oom, you start to know patrols patterns. At the end it’s just very smooth and pleasant ride

Fixed it for you but you’re not correct. We want classic but we also have no issues if they want to start over with classic and build off of that not making the same god awful mistakes that lead us to the dumpster fire they call BFA

2 Likes