Literally how hard is it

Unfortunately, There are some servers that have players(usually guilded) that take over the channel and have admin rights that ban players that don’t do something to keep themselves allowed to stay in the channel. I have heard these players have actually tried to charge them like 50g a week to use the channel. Ridiculous

World chat on my server was more or less destroyed by moderation abuse, unfortunately.

This blue quote was in reference to the automated parts of the addon…which were then removed. As is, ClassicLFG receives constant updates and is not breaking any rules. It’s just an interface to see groups posted/people looking. The equivalent to the lfg channel with visual organization.

It’s because people have been asking for Classic for 15 years and they don’t want people who started on later expansions messing up the game with needless QoL improvements that lessen what Classic/Vanilla are.

In my server /world its a hub of people joining and then leaving. Consolidating everything on /LookingForGroup is the best thing to do.

You’re right, OP. Much easier to just never do dungeons. I won’t have to run into people like you who are always in a bad mood.

Wait a second. There is a LFG channel? Does each and every server use exactly the same one?

There’s a Looking For Group channel on every server. However, there are also other user-made channels.

you just advocated the LFG addon!!!

Yes, lookingforgroup is an official channel on every server. It is just off by default since you dont want noobs chat getting spammed with LFG Stratholm, and nothing ever tells you that you should turn it on

This but unironically

Pretty easy. I like to make a macro like this:

/1 lf4m heals/dps for RFC pst
/2 lf4m heals/dps for RFC pst
/4 lf4m heals/dps for RFC pst

What do you like to do?

LFG was the best thing to ever happen to this game. Bring back porting to dungeon entrances!

I’m still trying to figure out how it’s taking people 30 minutes to an hour to find a group.

/who works WONDERS. try it sometime!

You people asking for QoL features are trying to turn the game into retail; a barren ghost town. Stop.

In my experience at 60 it depends a lot on the dungeon, and tanks can sometimes be a pain to get as a good percentage of Warriors only want to DPS. Druids/Paladins are a toss up as to what spec they are.

Plus at max level a lot of people are only interested in doing stuff that gets them their pre-raid BiS gear.

Not that I want to add LFG to the game, just that sometimes at higher levels the wait can be a bit longer than it was while I was leveling.

Ummm, let me think … no. Absolutely not. I know this is getting old, but there IS a version of the game that has a working LFG tool. Unfortunately the actual game went light years in the opposite direction, but the tool is there for you.

This from someone who has been in two dungeons, both guild runs, because I never see dungeons needing DPS, and I have only used General chat to look. I had hoped to get into an active guild, but on another character that guild is full of oppressive SJW types. Dungeon runs are simply not something I have available except by rare chance. Even so … absolutely no to a LFG tool, and absolutely positively NEVER EVER EVER NEVER to a port-to-entrance system.

Oh here he is again. Gimme my changes! Bend your game to suit ME! Idc that you already said you wouldn’t change classic or introduce QoL changes… GIMME! I want! And anyone that says otherwise is clearly wrong and republican!

Pretty hard.