List of things you want/dont want in future WoW

I can definitely get behind a lot of the suggestions in this thread. Things that stand out to me include:

1. Remove class/race restrictions. Telling the player “You can’t do that job because you’re this race” has unfortunate implications.

2. If it has to stay, rework Pathfinder in some way. Honestly, I think leveling to the cap and finishing all the zone story lines would be sufficient. The extended time break is not great. Failing that, at least design the zones in such a way that they aren’t totally unrealistic and hostile to player ground travel.

3. Let me transmog one handers into two handers. Also let me transmog wands into something.

4. I almost forgot, but more than 75 measly rep per world quest, please. I like the world quest system and think it’s far superior to the dailies we used to have, but the rep needs a boost.

Don’t want corruption gear or anything like it. Most idiotic system ever.

That’s a big one for me. Especially when they remove story content. I’m honestly okay with them removing achievements, mounts, pets, etc because they want people to feel special that they did the content when it was current. But I personally believe there should be no reason to ever remove story. It ruins the questing and lore experience for alts, new players, and people who took breaks.

I’m a simple troll. I just want story elements to remain in the game. Maybe playable forest trolls, ogres, and mogu too :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

i want only ilvl/bis stats through gear drops power progression for endgame. No essences, no corruptions, no azerite traits, no AP, like it was before legion.

1 Like
  • An old world revamp that uses phasing tech to make appropriate zones “peaceful” once you have finished the main questline.

What I mean by this is zones such as those in the core territory of the factions. Think westfall for instance. Once you have finished it the bandits are gone ect. Some things that remain could be bounty like world quests or gathering stuff.

• World quests in the old world that unlock in a zone after you have completed its’ questline. These could range from bounties on rare creatures or certain mobs to gathering things such as wood.

• Many classic races already associated or part of the factions to be made playable. Things such as high/half elves, forest trolls, ogres, mok’nathal, broken, furbolg, ect. I am disappointed wildhammer are being made customization as I believe they have significant cultural differences that would influence their class selection. They lose paladin, warlock, and mage but gain druid for instance.

• New classes that being Tinkers (base class), Bards (base class), Necromancers (hero class), and dragonsworn (hero class.

Tinkers have a melee tank spec utilizing a mech suit, a ranged dps spec using explosives and such, and a healing spec.

Bards I have no idea but I want them.

Necromancer would have 3 specs that run with the same theme as death knights. They would be like a priest is to paladin.

The first spec would be lich. Makes use of shadow and frost magic. Notable ability ideas would be phylactery. A similar ability to shaman’s reincarnation.

The second spec is unholy. They summon many more undead than death knights do. What separates them from warlock though is they focus on various diseases in addition to summoning a variety of undead and empowering them. A notable ability would be to raise dead friendly players however this does not count as a battle rez. It is different. It would be an AoE spell that raises any allies in the target area. Where it differs from a battle rez is these players are not strong at all. They basically have rez sickness. It is essentially making fallen players slightly better than dead. Once combat ends they will immediately die and must either release or be properly ressurected. Of course they can still die in the middle of combat as well.

The third and final spec would be bloodweaver. A healing spec utilizing blood magic.

• while I am very much against things such as making factions irrelevant for gameplay and allowing any race any class I do believe it is time to introduce new class options for some races.

Those that I have in mind would be paladins for night elves, gnomes, worgen, and kul tirans.

Nights elves can be paladins as established with the legion order hall. Furthermore they can also take the “sunwalker” route and have night elf paladins lore wise be “night warriors”.

Kul tiran paladins would lore wise be tideguards just like priests are tidesages.

As for gnomes and worgen this is something established by hearthstone where paladin cards for said races were introduced. Namely lightfang enforcer and commander Rhyssa.

• Class-race specific glyphs to alter classes. Basically to change the abilities to appear how they should in the lore for that race. kul tirans having their holy spells changed to water in paladin and priest, tauren priests and paladins having a more fiery coloration to their abilities, night elves having the silver coloration associated with elune.

Stuff I want:

-Playable Sethrak
-Pigeon mount
-More paladins
-Snake Mount

You know they ll just end up giving them to the horde and giving alliance yet another unwanted trash allied race.

I want my character to stop feeling like a baseline adventurer in one scene, then a Mighty Champion of Azeroth in the other scene. There needs to be coherent consistency, cohesion even, in these storylines.

By that I mean this: Our characters are profoundly more powerful in each expansion than they are in previous expansions. This is a power creep, but I try to relay some of that power creep in to a canonical power scale. For instance: A Mogu back in MoP would be a new, powerful creature that you encountered, and it should feel tough. However, battling a Mogu after all this time later, and having battled them innumerable times in the past, they should feel much easier to battle. They should NOT be coming at me, the reigning Heavyweight Champion of Azeroth who defeated not only basic Mogu, but also the likes of Lei-Shen, etc, and defeated their entire heirarchy, gungho and able to kick my butt to the curb.

My character should be wisened, experienced, by battling them so many times. Yet I don’t feel this. I only feel this with the power creep, which the Developers are steadily removing in order “to make all content consistently relevant”, and that seems to include World PvE where your power creep is supposed to feel the most relevant at.

This is the largest thing I would change. It just feels too inconsistent. You don’t see a named NPC ever having trouble battling off basic enemies, and through all of WoW’s timeline, our characters are pretty much on par with over 3/4’s of them; The only ones we are not on par with are major lore characters and faction leaders, because most of them have immense levels of power creep, hidden potential, or several Aces up their sleeve to play when the cards need to be dealt, that we just personally do not have access to ourselves.

As an addendum; it would also be cool if said questioned had an actual impact on our gameplay.
Unlike the keep/cleanse the headgear sitch.

Wants:
-WoD-MoP class design.
-Farmable rep via dungeons and tabards.
-PvP gear being good in PvP.
-No more AP.
-No more classes.
-No more Allied Races.

Don’t want:
-one faction getting OP racials. We are at a nice balance, currently.

As far as I heard, weren’t Mechagnomes super OP with their racials?

Their racials are AMAZING!

Oh it is a lvl 62 dk

Oh, it’s a Ralph.

Ah, and we can do with better character/class stories. If Blizzard Entertainment needs a good reference, i’ll point them directly to Star Wars: The Old Republic (SWTOR for short; SW MMORPG.) It is a great game role playing-ly speaking, especially for the class stories; The best selling point of the entire game. Where it fails at as an MMO imo, it makes up for dramatically as being the best class-driven RPG in the MMO scene. By comparison, our characters in WoW might as well be nameless bafoons to characters that are in SWTOR.

I’m starting to wonder if Ralph is just one of Rastlin’s alts.

Rastlin was humorous and didn’t whine about everything.

I would like ‘running wild’ on my Vulpera. I don’t really need it, I know Worgen’s own it. But it would be fun to me.

And at its current state has superior gearing system, superior stories and superior classes and therefore pvp.

According to people who played MoP swtor pvp is like MoP in the sense that everyone feel overpowered with ridiculous cooldowns making pvp so much more fun and giving skilled players a ton of ways to outplay one another.

Something that WoW has lost years now.

I do have to admit, the current gearing system for SWTOR is very simple, and in that regards, neat. You can get it slowly, incrementally over time, or you can display your prowess in PvE by going in to SWTOR’s version of raiding and gear that way. Either way, it shouldn’t actually take you long to gear at all. Eventually, and in a very reasonable timeframe, you gear up.

On WoW’s end, I literally went two entire tiers of raiding back in MoP (Oops!) without a weapon upgrade for this hunter specifically. I was doing Garrosh Mythic progression runs for at least three weeks and using a bow from two tiers of raiding prior to SoO, before I finally got the bow from the mantid bosses…

In addition, the power creep and power scaling in SWTOR feels very fulfilling. In World of Warcraft, it seems they’re going out of their way to consistently make you feel like a freshly maxed character no matter where you are in the game (which, imvho, freaking sucks.)