List of discrepancies encountered

Here’s a list of things I’ve encountered so far while leveling that I don’t believe are consistent with the original game. Some of these may be incorrect, as I’ve noticed a lot of what I thought I recalled about the game is from leveling during The Burning Crusade moreso than the original.

• Fade is using the wrong sound effect. It sounds more like Vanish currently.
  • Dwarf landing (from a jump) animations are incorrect. They’re transitioning smoothly from the jump to the landing.
  • Killing healing totems used to trigger talents (such as Spirit Tap for priests) that require you to land a killing blow on something that yields experience. This is not happening on Classic.
    • This applies to Dark Iron Mines in Gnomeregan, too.
  • Thrown weapons from NPCs make a metal impact sound when they hit your character. This sound didn’t exist before.
  • Water elementals at Mystral Lake in Ashenvale have no attack animation.
  • Power Word: Fortitude and direct heal animations don’t scale to the size of the NPC. This can be easily seen on the large friendly NPCs in Darnassus.
  • Switching targets and quickly casting a spell seems to sometimes cast the spell on the previous target. I don’t recall this behavior in the original game.
  • Critical hits with staves sometimes aren’t making the critical hit sound. It’s using the sound effect from any normal hit.
1 Like

About the spirit tap,

I respec’ed to put 5 points into Spirit Tap, in the shadow tree, and my other points are still in Holy.

Having that spirit tap is very nice if I’m solo-killing mobs alone.

However, I notice it doesn’t proc all that often when I group up with others.

And it really doesn’t work if I heal in dungeons. I went through a whole dungeon and Spirit Tap only activated about 3-4 times. I was sad about this because one of the big reasons I wanted Spirit Tap was to help with mana in dungeons.

I’m not sure if it’s supposed to be like that, or what?

There’s also a big issue with aggro that hasn’t been addressed by blue, probably because it’s not easy to replicate and most people just assume someone was healing or something to get aggro. Made a post about it here: Picking Up Aggro From Other Players' Tagged Mobs Without Having Buffed/Healed/AoE'd - #6 by Doodel-kromcrush