List of Current Rogue Bugs

What are the current list of Rogue bugs? I’m aiming to update this thread regularly. Please post your bugs below:

1. Grappling Hook sometimes fails altogether and still consumes the cooldown. By comparison, Survival Hunter’s Harpoon ability does not consume the cooldown if it fails to bring you to the target.
  2. The Leeching buff sometimes falls off when entering an instance even if poisons are still active, requiring poisons to be reapplied in order to benefit from the leech buff.
  3. Cloak of Shadows behaves inconsistently:
    • Some snares get through Cloak because they’re classified as “physical” despite originating from a spell or other magical source.
    • Death Grip works through Cloak despite arguably being a magical effect.
    • Other effects similarly “bypass” magic immunity when they probably shouldn’t.
  4. Drink up Me Hearties pulls you out of stealth when using Crimson Vial.
  5. Starfall brings Rogues out of stealth even if the Rogue hasn’t engaged in combat with the Boomkin or their allies.
  6. Shuriken Storm can be interrupted (wasn’t always the case)
7 Likes

Check my posts in this forum section.

From what I can see, the posts just talk about design complains, not actual bugs.

Then you haven’t read all of them

Snares will still go through Cloak.

Drink up Me Hearties is a guaranteed unstealth when you use Crimson Vial.

No one knows if these are bugs or “balance decisions”.

:man_surfing: :surfing_woman:

2 Likes

Some magic snares have a physical coded application. Cloak only resists but is not a full immunity outside the immediate application. (Used to have 90% chance to resist in the tooltip back in the day if I remember correctly). (Balance purposes not bugs). Similar to chaos nova being magic but is a physical stun (working as intended for balance) veil if timed well can ignore it but yeah that’s a clean skill shot use. The evasion part only dodges but does not grant immunity for balance purposes but anyone with their keyboard plugged in will just aoe dot the rogue anyway instead or throw an ability that cannot be dodged like waiting a moment and stormbolt / warstomo / paralyze etc to ignore it as a counter play move to veil of midnight (working as intended as well).

1 Like

bein anywere near bomie takes out of stealf

1 Like

BtE used from stealth might cause a CD. Might not. No consistency at all. Ridiculous that this hasn’t been addressed.

1 Like

These are not bugs as much as systems that the busy bosses never elaborated on designed by new people who are not paid enough to care.

Going “yeah whatever” to every question has a price. It degrades the trust in the company’s product and the consumers hope for fixes.

2 Likes

That was true for death grip which is why you could not Cloak to pre-emptively stop DG. Funny enough it worked back in WotLK with the old Vanish if you timed it right.

But all other snares and attack that are magical are coded primarily as magic and not physical even if the secondary component type is physical.

So unless BlizZard says this is a balance change we have to assume it is a bug.

:man_surfing: :surfing_woman:

2 Likes

Lots of stuff changed in df behind the scenes so Im not sure what to believe as 100%. I randomly read stuff on wowhead by looking up tooltips and a lot of stuff says school one or whatever as physical and school two as x magic effect etc. yeah old vanish was sick but here we are ha.

1 Like

shuriken storm is literally a useless talent now.

nerfed into the dirt. not a bug. just a useless useless talent, that once was pretty damn useful.

needs to go back to the old way where it cant be interrupted.

now its interrupted about 90 percent of the time… lol

1 Like

Recupe stops healing if you keep refreshing slice n dice. It only heals on the INITIAL application of slice n dice. If you refresh it without it falling off, it stops healing from the initial timing

Shadowy duel drops your target sometimes. The only decent fix I’ve found for this is to keybind some of my attacks to target the nearest target if I don’t have one selected already, so I can instantly retarget my dropped duel target. There is no graphical fix or graphics change we can do to stop that from happening

2 Likes

Cloak is definitely still bugged. Half the time I’ll be fighting anyone, such as mage (all they have is magic) and during cloak, the snare will get removed then get reapplied during cloak. It’s as if the ability was mid air or something that cloak won’t prevent it. It’s been like that since season 3 and still no fix.

Blizzard can’t fix bugs I swear

1 Like