List of Beast Master Quests to Tame "Special Pets"?

One of the primary reasons I choose beast mastery spec was because it granted me the option to tame “exotic pets.” So, I thought I was good. Suddenly I come across a Turion Sire in Bastion, which looks freaking awesome. I tried to tame it and it says I can’t tame this pet. I was like what? I’m level 60, and I’m beast mastery.

So, I used the classic google and found out you must do this long quest and gain renown to obtain this tome just to tame those pets. And I’m like great lol…

So that got me thinking, are there any other quest lines, renown requirements, other special blizzard method that rewards you with an option to tame a specific type of pet. (To clarify, I’m not referring to a quest like Huti where you get a specific pet, I meant more of a questline which grants you the option to tame a specific type of pet.)

This way, I can wrap up all the requirements needed to tame all the pets at the same time, and I don’t have to worry about coming across a cool looking beast that says tameable, but I can’t tame lol.

Since you’re not a gnome, mechagnome, or goblin, there’s a engineer-crafted tome you have to buy to unlock mechanical pets.

Blood beasts require a tome that drops from one of the bosses in Uldir.

Since you’re not a Zandalari troll, taming Direhorns will require a rare drop from the Zandalari Dinomancers on Isle of Giants.

Taming Feathermanes requires a purchase at the Hunter class hall in Legion. You have to have the Hunter class mount in order to unlock the purchase, but the purchased item is account bound so you only have to unlock the purchase on one Hunter.

1 Like