Lionface moving to Smolderweb

Lionface, an Alliance guild built from the Countdown to Classic podcast community (along with many friends we’ve picked up along the way!), has been on this server since name reservation day. We held out hope for a long time that Whitemane would emerge victorious from the queue monster unscathed. That no longer seems feasible. We do not feel it’s fair to indefinitely ask raiders to sacrifice family time or compromise work/school to get around exorbitant queues. So to preserve Lionface’s tight-knit raiding community as much as possible, we are moving to Smolderweb.

It’s been a crazy ride, Whitemane! But we’re looking forward to branching out into a new community where we might get to know our neighbors a bit better. We hope to see more Whitemane Alliance guilds transfer as well :lion:

nice. server is pretty cozy. enjoy yourself

1 Like

Imagine transferring off whitemane only for layers to come back 24 hrs later.

P.s Convulsion LFM - MC Sunday

Ouch and can’t even pay to transfer back.

Oof – that’s exactly what we told some members who were thinking about leaving. We only lost 1 just YESTERDAY. Man, tough timing.

We knew they’d likely implement layering. It’s a bandaid fix and not an answer to Whitemane’s population problem. According to blue post, they’re going to keep using it for “major events”—that likely means that Whitemane will either see layers return for AQ/Naxx, or just have permanent layering. That’s not what many of our members are looking for in a server.

Also, I’ll remind everyone that queues went away back in December as well. Didn’t stop them from coming back in February, and there’s no reason to think they won’t return in the future. Blizzard reopened paid transfers to Incendius almost immediately after their queues went away. I believe they’re closed again right now, but that’s not an encouraging sign for the future of Blizzard “managing” these realms. They backtrack, flip, and switch the rules at the drop of a hat. We’re not regretting that we no longer have to worry about the unpredictability of Whitemane’s future.

GL to all who are choosing to stay, I hope they find a real solution for you guys.