Linxy, it's time. Blood elf druids

The difference is that all those shamans are siding with the Primalists and therefore are both evil and will go extinct when the players and forces of good wipe them out.

OR, like Nelf Mages we’ll just welcome them to join us, throw in a few NPCs, and some throwaway dialogue options to smooth it all over.

Why a violent and gruesome name? Since we have Night Elves how about Day Elves? Or maybe Cuddle Elves…

2 Likes

Well, we have sun elves though we know them more commonly as Blood Elves. Do those count as day elves?

Edit: Meant High Elves, though by extension Blood Elves would be in there as well.

No, no, no. Please for all that is holy, no.

We even had a tree of our own until Arthas tore through Silvermoon. Even though High Elves didn’t adopt druidism and stuck with magics and mana, they still took with them some things from their cousins.

It wasn’t a complete divorce.

Says who?

5 Likes

If Blood Elves get Druids then I want Demon Hunter for my Pandaren.

1 Like

I don’t see why not. Farstriders have a deep connection with nature, so it could make sense.

4 Likes

The lore

Ya’ll were wacky for the arcane tabaccy and fel

Aka, not friends with plants, the only stuff involving elves and plants is them pumping them full of arcane and nether energies and mutating them

The lore doesn’t state that at all.

We did not hate nature. Using magic to change nature is not hating on it. It’s no different than using miracle grow.

2 Likes

Ya’ll didn’t care about it in the slightest, theres no connection to it, wouldn’t make any sense to just have some blood elf druids pop up

The most popular example of “blood elf druids” is flat out blood elves torturing nature lol

Wrong all the way through

2 Likes

Oh ya’ll had a tree

Theres some trees growing in durotar as well and nearby Trisfal Glades

Guess orcs and forsaken can be druids as well

We have a whole forest and then some. Have you even been to Silvermoon? It’s not an urban area.

3 Likes

You mean like how there was trees and grass near the forsaken and how orcs are like 10 feet away from a forest?

Dang, guess we all druids now

I’m saying we don’t hate nature. Which is what you claim. And claim that there is proof in lore of it which there is not.

There is room for all races to be all classes which is what Blizz has voiced wanting to work towards. So yeah, in some future, you might be able to be a druid.

Maybe at some point there will be story about how Azeroth needs to be repaired and nurtured from all the damage it’s suffered. Maybe different races come together to save their home.

2 Likes

Im just a little disappointed the requirements to be a druid now is just “have some plants”

Instead of being connected to the wild gods or emerald dreams or any other kind of magics

Just have plants, you’re greenlit to be a druid

1 Like

Blizz hasn’t written anything about that so that scenario doesn’t exist.

There are ways though they can give races some connection. It takes developing new gods or having them take up belief in existing gods. Reconnection to old connections. It can be done.

It’s not an I have houseplants sort of thing. We actually did have a connection to the emerald dream. It’s just that when we chose magic over it, we were kicked out and exiled. Because magic became associated with Azshara, who had used magic to make us vulnerable to Legion invasion because of her quest for power. But instead of just blaming her actions, magic itself became the thing to blame.

We still carried some traditions with us but obviously after Silvermoon was torn through and we had to scrounge to survive, things got dropped.

It’s incredibly possible for some elves to have never dropped that connection or pick that back up. Not every helf/belf practices magic. Even in lore.

The Farstriders have a deep connection to nature too lol

& the quest in Eversong where we have to kill treants the BEs aren’t happy about it, its a sad quest / even excerpts where they remember old times where BEs and nature lived in harmony in Quelthalas

I think people are asking for story though… like most likely tied to Quel’thalas being healed etc

4 Likes

Yeah I don’t know what people are smoking that think there is no connection or even worse hatred. It’s myopic. And isn’t reflected in our quests and lore.

5 Likes