Linux users unable to log in, WOW51900328/329 error after logging in

The TTL fix didn’t work here. I’ve canned the subscription. I only came back to have a bit of a nostalgia hit. Shame, the game runs better on linux than I ever remember it running on winderp. Ah well. Bye again WOW.

It’s bad enough that there isn’t an official Linux client as it is. It’s been 15 years! That said, just saw this on Reddit and I’m kinda of glad I didn’t put classic onto my Ubuntu laptop now. I’d been thinking about it just this morning…

Fix still works

Following the servers restarts I’m confirming that I’m still geting 328 errors even with or without TTL changes.

On Arch Linux dealing with a canadian ISP for those curious. Before the whole DDoS fiasco I was able to connect without issues

Seems like some Canadian ISP or two got nixed, same happened to a major Mexican one.

I’d say fire the monkeys who “fixed” the DDoS, but then they’d hire more monkeys so I’ll say this instead: Pay them some proper networking training.

I decided to try other values for net.ipv4.ip_default_ttl to see what works for me. (The recommended default is 64 according to RFC 1700.)

net.ipv4.ip_default_ttl=128
worked!
net.ipv4.ip_default_ttl=96
worked!
net.ipv4.ip_default_ttl=80
worked!
net.ipv4.ip_default_ttl=72
worked!
net.ipv4.ip_default_ttl=68
failed
net.ipv4.ip_default_ttl=70
failed

So I have mine set to 72 at the moment.

You’re the man now, dog! It works on Ubuntu 19.04

sudo sysctl net.ipv4.ip_default_ttl=128    
1 Like

Same issue as everyone else:
Disconnects and not able to log back into game server.
Kernel: 4.19.69-1-MANJARO x86_64 bits: 64
The TTL fix worked.
Throwing this info into the pile to show linux is being used out there.

I’ve tried three different internet connections all with the same problem. I can browse online and connected to server list but as soon as I click on the server list, it instantly disconnects me an have to relog all over again for the same thing to happen again.

Linux Distro: Pop!_76
Classic: Mankrik
Error: WOW51900328
Issue: Can’t log in via WINE to classic servers.

Dude! I’m on Fedora 30, yadda yadda, and I tried this and I’m in!

^ seems to do the trick

1 Like

I also cannot log in, and have not had a chance to try the TTL change yet.

Gentoo | WoW via Lutris

pop_OS 18.04 - comcast

It works!

… and of course it was a member of the Linux community and NOT Blizzard’s Technical Support that came up with the fix.

worked for me!

thank you

I can confirm that changing the default TTL to 128 worked for me. Thank you all very much for showing your support and your hard work! I hope that there is an official solution to this soon.

I know there isn’t a crap load of replies on here. But I know there are more Linux users out there.

Blizzard, why will yall not support Linux? Cost? No so popular OS?

Thank you.

Could not login this morning on Ubuntu with Lutris. Booted over to Winblows and logged in fine. Changed the TTL to 128 as suggested and logged in fine again. Thanks everyone

Yep, was having this problem too. Got my networking setup to use IPV6 properly.

Launched WOW client then hit the “System” button at the right of the login screen. In the settings dialog choose “Network” on the left then check the box for “Enable IPv6 when available”.

Then exit the client and delete the cache directory from your WOW installation or you get a different error.

sysctl != systemd. There is no need to recompile the kernel nor reboot to change sysctl settings

I use OpenRC too. The ttl change has nothing to do with the init system. It’s even possible to change it via echo to /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_default_ttl, no sysctl needed.