Linux users unable to log in, WOW51900328/329 error after logging in

cant even login to battlenet or their website :confused:

Just adding info that changing default ttl didn’t fix anything sadly.

Glad for people that did but its not a foolproof fix. On the meantime I unsubbed, a whole weekend where I can’t enjoy a service I paid for (even if it translates to 50c, I still pay for it) and I get to watch streamers play with no issues. Then a moment of hope! I get to enjoy a queue I wait patiently til I see my character select screen only to be met with the error once more

This morning? Still no service
That’s 3 days of non service now. If I can’t enjoy the service I paid for for why should I keep paying? I’ll think about resubbing at the very last minute if its worth it. But right now even with all the hype, it isn’t

Hope everything gets fixed as soon as possible

4 Likes

Linux Mint 19, Spectrum ISP, using Lutris. I can’t connect to Classic or Retail but the Windows PC on the desk next to me on the same connection is playing just fine. I did all the usual troubleshooting and got nowhere. It seems like it is indeed just my choice in OS. :confused:

Edit: This echo 128 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_default_ttl trick worked for me too. Like above, sudo alone wasn’t enough so go full su. At least I can play. (Can someone link me to why this works though? I’m interested!)

MY BOY
worked for me too =D

Well the sudo sysctl net.ipv4.ip_default_ttl=128 worked for me. I first just tried to log in normal. Same as its been for the last almost 24 hours. I then executed the above command and got right in. I am not a super linux user just getting back into it actually. What is a step by step easy way to make this change permanent so I don’t ahve to deal with it again? I am using Lutris on Pop OS

Other one I saw was:

Give it a shot

Edit: Tried with a Windows install on your network, some other laptop? I head some ISP’s got blanketed too. Give us some more info please, SOMEONE here may have the fix. Not a fan of seeing an extra $15 in Blizz’s pockets atm, but sucks that you can’t play.

Setting ttl to 128 worked for me as well. Thanks everyone!

Thanks bro for tip,

Sadly I did give it a try and no changes. I think its linked to my ISP (Canada)

I feel for some ISP this trick will work but not all. Thanks for helping out mate

The above mentioned ttl change worked for me as well on arch.
Was unable to connect but on a windows PC on the network it connected fine

Ran sudo sysctl net.ipv4.ip_default_ttl=128 and the problem is fixed.

Same problem here as well on Linux with Lutris. It was working fine on 9/8/2019… but when the servers came back online after DDOS, all my friends were able to connect but not me.

Edit: The TTL to 128 fix worked!!

Im affected here as well. Ubuntu 19.04 with latest proton via lutris.

Changing the TTL still working as of right now (~9:30 EDT). Amazing that it was refusing to login but a quick change of the TTL (not even reopening the Battle Net app) fixed it.

Here’s a simple one-liner to make this change persistent across reboots for linux users:

sudo echo "net.ipv4.ip_default_ttl=128 > /etc/sysctl.d/99-warcraft-ddos-fix.conf"
1 Like

On Manjaro, and I’m sure on other distros you can go to /etc/sysctl.d and just open the folder in root. Open the sysctl.d with a editor, make changes, save and your done.

I have windows computers but run a hardware firewall that runs on linux based operating system (Untangle). Of course i was blocked. The IPV4 change to 128 fixed the issue for me.

Servers are down for maint again, praying the fix will still work when they’re back up lol

1 Like

Edit: Clear!

The TTL fix didn’t work here. I’ve canned the subscription. I only came back to have a bit of a nostalgia hit. Shame, the game runs better on linux than I ever remember it running on winderp. Ah well. Bye again WOW.

It’s bad enough that there isn’t an official Linux client as it is. It’s been 15 years! That said, just saw this on Reddit and I’m kinda of glad I didn’t put classic onto my Ubuntu laptop now. I’d been thinking about it just this morning…

Fix still works