Linux users unable to log in, WOW51900328/329 error after logging in

Error: WOW51900328 & WOW51900329 on both IPv4 and IPv6
Realm: Yojamba
ISP: Aussie Broadband (AS4764)
Kernel: 5.2.13-arch1-1-ARCH
lutris 0.5.3-1
wine-staging 4.15-1
gnutls 3.6.9-1

this guy networks like a boss, and thank you!

5.2.5-arch1-1-ARCH Arch Linux
Compiled Wine 4.11 and 4.11-staging
WOW51900328
HKBN

Another linux user.
WOW51900328
Kubuntu 19.04
Lutris with wine-4.15 (Staging)
xfinity

Mint
WOW51900328
True Internet

Also Linux user here, can’t login (WOW51900328).

This is due to Blizzard blacklisting packets generated by gnutls.

Many Linux programs use gnutls to establish TLS encrypted connections (e.g. HTTPS in web browsers).

Wine also uses gnutls for TLS connections. I only see a few possible solutions:

• A programmer releases patches to modify gnutls to match Windows’ behavior
  • Somehow use native Windows dll files for TLS and actually have it work
  • Wait for Blizzard to fix this (Pretty worried that they won’t, we need Linux users to be very vocal about this)
4 Likes

Yes Mint user here.

Fully updated.

Down ATM to Blizzard “seems to” have blanket dropped all Linux packets to their DDoS mitigation services.

IPv6 is a possible work around.

Hopefully I can play tonight Q.Q

Just gonna add to the list, Arch Linux user and I can’t connect. I’ll try ipv6 and if it works I’ll update this

1 Like

On Manjaro, getting the same WOW51900328 error.

IPv6 seemed to have fixed the issue for me, although I know many people cannot use it.

1 Like

Thank you for this post, IPv6 fixed it for me too. I also use Arch btw.

Another linux user.
WOW51900328
Mint 19.2
Lutris with wine

Can log in on crappy Windows laptop without issue. Can play other battle.net games only issue seems to be WoW

Same issue on POP_os, unable to login for last 5 hours and seems like I wont be able to play today at all.
This is a third time Im unable to play since the start of classic.

Looks like back to EVE for me.

Same here, fully up to date Manjaro.

I have had some limited success. By forcing IPv6 (both in client, and through my network settings) I can log into a US realm. Unfortunately, my characters are on Oceanic, and no such luck there, but I’m still trying other configurations.

1 Like

I just returned to WoW retail, two accounts BFA. On Linux Mint 19.01 and Codeweaver. WoW connects on my Windows 10 laptop.

One more Linux user reporting in.

Lutris, Arch.

BTW. There is another thread with regards to the same issue:

Was told on that thread that GMs can manually unblock users. However atm it seems like a temp measure as you can get hit by the ban hammer again later

2 Likes

I can’t log in after 12-noon PST.
ubuntu 18.04, lutris with wine 4.9, California ISP, Bigglesworth server

ISP assigns me a valid IPV6 address but that still doesn’t solve the issue.

Yes, I tried for about 3 hours connecting on my linux install, figuring it was just remnants of, or ongoing, attacks and no success…always that same error. I copied over the same exact installation folder over to my windows 10 partition (on the same computer, no network changes), rebooted, and the game launched perfectly.

I think i have bad news , its not first time that Blizzard cannot fix problems about ddos and first choice its “Temporary BAN” for linux users , i just live chat with GM and sadly she point about System Requeriments (how someone with bad skills like this work in a company so big , its like a robot)

Same issue here. Wine/Lutris on Arch Linux 5.2.11