Lightwell I want to use it

I’ve been using it for 26 and higher keys. It sucks. It rarely procs since it only heals players below 50% and usually people are topped quickly so I can go back to doing damage.

In raid it generally doesn’t do much since everyone’s overhealed anymore. I want to use Light Well. I love how it looks, I love the concept, but it’s just so freaking useless. I’m sure in true progression content it could have some good throughput, but even then I feel like there’s always going to be better options. Why not let it heal people below 75%? Then it can at least be a useful set and forget with the only drawback being proximity.

1 Like

It was about 3.5% of my total healing on mythic smolderon. Not a lot but still good enough at least to me to use it. It’s fun

I’ve been running Lightwell for Mythic and it works there, but it doesn’t work that great for Heroic or M+ where people don’t drop <50% that often. Lightwell is either useful or completely useless with no inbetween.

Divine Word works better for M+ because you can use it for damage if there’s nothing to heal.

Also, all the end tree talents do basically the same overall hps. Blessed Bolt is 3.5% of my overall, but it also does Mastery healing, and a 5s Renew tick so its true overall healing is closer to 5-6% which is the same as Divine Image/Divine Word.

Oh yea I don’t use it in m+ or heroic. I use divine word but for some reason I don’t really like using divine word for some reason.not a fun spell idk? I mean it’d be awesome if light well was useful in m+ but who knows if that’ll ever happen. I would’ve like to see light well on Tindral but did not get there.

And yea 5-6 really isn’t to bad of a total healing. It was the first time I had used it was this patch so like the newness was exciting too haha

It used to be stronger before the changes they made to it. It’s overall healing got nerfed by like -50%.

Yikes. 50 percent is pretty hefty :frowning:

Random question caith but from the bare bones we know about archon and halo being a core concept are you excited or do you not care for halo?

I need to see what they have actually planned to formulate an opinion. To me the hero talent trees are just a passive 5-6% healing increase that were tuned around anyway.

Healers in general need to get overhauled next expansion because we overheal too much. All my logs show overhealing of 40%+ when in Shadowlands it was 20% even with 5 healers. Blizzard resorted to spamming one shotting raid mechanics and annoying dispel mechanics to challenge healers this Mythic tier… and it was awful.

1 Like

It’s actually really good in PvP cause people are constantly dropping to low health and it heals quite often. Maybe that’s its niche :slight_smile:

Yea that is the only way to tell if it will be good or exciting. I like both halo and divine star so starting off good for me in that aspect but once again that’s all we know rest of tree could be crap.

What do you think percent wise are the chances in your opinion healers get some big changes all around for TWW? Think it’s good odds or not holding hope? I’m not really sure what to expect on that front. Honestly even if it wasn’t a great hps gain or big boost if the tree was really fun I think I’d be ok with it? But I can only speculate

Yea I have seen lotsa overhealing with healers. This is my first xpac raiding tho doing any kinda prog content

And 100 percent there was some annoying mechanics that were very frustrating

I’m 90% sure they’re going to tone down healers and raid defensives quite a bit. Healers won’t get nerfed down so much they feel terrible, but the objective goal is to reduce the amount of raid overhealing so Blizzard resorts to challenging the raid with hard fights to heal instead of one shotting mechanics.

Tindral in particular was just ridiculous. You had tornadoes that one shot, orbs that if not take in the air blow up the raid, dispel mechanics that blow up the raid if done incorrectly, seed soak mechanics that blow up the raid if one is missed, and tank mushroom soaks that blows up the raid.

It would be nice to have less one shot mechs. Even if we do get toned down. I think healers especially would like that.

I have to say tindral doesn’t sound like a very fun fight

I love Lightwell as well and I really feel like they should adopt the Lightwell we see in HotS for Anduin.

• Deploy it to an area
  • It heals allies within a certain concentrated radius, not just a large radius for those who are <50%.
  • Every time you heal with a spell, the cooldown is reduced (and not just a few seconds when u use a holy word).

I feel like this is the best iteration of it I’ve seen and it’s not even a WoW version.

Lightwell is still viable in high level M+.

The rank 2 Holy Priest has pretty much exclusively been using it. It’s a decent safety net in spread fights once you’re at the point where everyone’s getting smacked pretty hard.

Divine Word is just much more flexible situation to situation. Being able to dump it on damage in easy pulls does speed the group up. And both sanc and serenity are decent bonuses at other times.

Lol, I remember when they first were making that change to nerf healers by increasing health pools a ton and bringing healing down.

I’d said then that it wouldn’t change anything unless they stopped concentrating all the biggest healing moments into raid-wide bursts that smack a healthbar. It’s fine to say ‘now damage won’t be as bursty, because the HP has changed and healers can heal less, so we can design the fights to not instantly kill you!’ but there’s never been follow-through on that. They said that and then the very same raid they were talking about gave us Rashok. The issue is damage patterns/fight design in raids, and it always has been.

I think they found a type of fight design people like, where it’s about executing movement and exterior mechanics properly to avoid death - then creating giant raid-wide hit moments that healers plan their CDs for. It basically focuses every healer into covering those moments specifically and rotating their raid-wide CDs (or any AoE they have) and everyone just snipes each other.

And, to be fair, overhealing will increase with gear completely regardless of what Blizzard decides to do, because gear score has to improve healing. The more healing a group can do the less healers a group should need. This has been a thing for a long time in WoW, though. It’s the eternal problem of ‘well we don’t need 4 healers for this, but if we bench a healer they’re not gonna want to come back.’

And, y’know, sometimes damage patterns are so spikey you do need that 4th healer to provide another raid CD or mitigation, even if they’re doing nothing else.

They can continue to nerf healers, or increase max HP all they want, but until something changes at the fight design level, OR they just change damage profiles a lot it won’t really mean anything, IMO. Also any nerfs they do to healers in raids absolutely destroys M+, unfortunately. We saw that in DF S1 where dungeons had to get nerfed a boatload for people to start clearing higher keys and a mass exodus of healers in the M+ scene, as well as healer-less comps lol.

1 Like

I just been taking the free resurrection on the off chance I die. Or I’ll use lightwell out of stubbornness. I’ve been doing more DPS and less healing to min max lightwell, sometimes works out, other times my DPS get 2 shot from not being topped instantly. But doing like 300-400k DPS sure looks pretty LOL

Ugh, after a month since the surprise priest changes to our end tree, I’ve decided I kind of dislike both Divine Word and Lightwell in mythic+ and wish we had a different good option.

To be clear, neither of them are bad, in that they both do decent healing for a single talent point. It makes more sense to take one of them than not. They’re just… not fun in general and only good situationally. Which would be less annoying if they weren’t also both extra effort/buttons/work to use.

Lightwell you outrange quickly in dungeons, and it does almost no healing if people don’t drop below 50%, or don’t stay below 50% because you’re popping them back up quick.

Divine Word Sanctuary is helpful when you can stack, but our stacked AoE healing is pretty strong anyway; it doesn’t help with our big weakness which is spread healing. The single target buff is okay, but it’s hard to tell how much you’re really getting out of it and single-target isn’t really our weakness anyway. And the damage buff is fun numbers on meters but mostly just padding. Plus, triggering Divine Word it is pretty clunky with the hit a button to get ready for hitting another button mechanic. Maybe it’s a personal skill issue because I’m hitting other buttons so fast and it doesn’t seem spellqueue like I expect it to? Or something? I just know sometimes I’ll have to hit Divine Word twice before it actually triggers when I’m hitting everything in high burst situations and trying to use several instant-casts in a row.

And for all of the effort and drawbacks, 98% of the time neither of these ‘capstones’ do more healing than my Tyr trinket, so it’s a lot of work for what feels like very little reward. :melting_face:

2 Likes

I’ve been trying to get in more normal talents and ignore the capstones cuz they suck.