Lightning Lasso

Prot pal/ele/mage. No healer needed

People have said the same thing about Gpyro but that is super easy to get off. Nothing is different here. It will be easy to cross CC for a Go and use it just like Gpyro. Don’t defend dumb abilities :rofl::weary:

1 Like

Yea you aren’t wrong in that thinking. That is probably 2500+ viable.

1 Like

Would be pretty shocked to see a triple DPS that high.

inb4 thundercleave ladder rampage

It’s already happening before 8.1 with Prot pal/fury/X Prot pal can heal for more than a healer so they don’t need one.

Just give me back WotLK Ele.

2 Likes

That and HPriest/Ele/Boomkin, my dude.

Actually going to be lit to play

I just don’t see that being as successful as you do I guess

You probably don’t understand how completely broken Prot Pal is then. It’s been under the radar but more and more are starting to play it above 2500. Especially since it counters Rogue/Mage hard.

It’s getting played primarily as a cupid variant, but I don’t think it’ll have as much success as a triple DPS comp as you do. Are you actively playing the game?

I have seen Prot pal/fury/boomkin on stream at 2500 mmr delete the healer in the opener. There are plenty of variations. Prot Pal/fury/ret Prot pal/fury/dk it’s just Prot pal is bonkers with the right gear. They can easily put out 12k Hps

There also are a lot of tanky Dps with their own healing to make it work. So there is no reason some decently skilled players can’t make Prot pal/Ele/Mage work at 2500+

Yeah players who routinely play near or in the R1 bracket could maybe make it work at 2.5 because they are significantly better than the players at that level. Ret also just got nerfed and I’m sure the boomy was using Lively traits which have also been nerfed. I think you’re over hyping the potential of these comps significantly.

Let me put this another way. I think Prot Pal is one of the top PvP spes in the game. It has several abilities that are broken which puts it as a top tier spec. It is just as broken as the other broken specs out there. It could use some massive nerfs and it would still be fine.

When you have the burst of Dps but healing that is passive and instant just as strong as a healer. You are S tier.

27 prot pal over 2.6 according to loot district rn, but yeah hella S tier. Coupled with a healer they excel. Not really the case without one.

DON’T YOU HAVE A PHONE ?
-Blizz 2018

I said they been under the radar and starting to be played more. Also some people don’t play Tanks. Representation isn’t always accurate in what is OP. For some reason ppl rather play Ret when clearly Prot is better. It’s personal choice.

Just did some quick napkin maths assuming it would be more balanced using Current HP instead of Max HP:

Target starts at 100% hp:
8% of CURRENT HP a tick ->
100 - 92 - 84.6 - 77.9 - 71.6 - 65.9 - 60.6
Grand total of 39.4% hp if casted from full assuming no other sources of damage

Target starts at 50% hp:
8% of CURRENT HP a tick ->
50 - 46 - …
Ends with 19%~ overall hp done

Ack! Forums messed it up. Will edit

That’s how it works.

8 Likes