Lightning Bolt Animation

I’ve said this before, but playing tonight just really sucked. I was on the PTR again trying somethings out, and I played every caster and enjoyed all of their animations more than lightning bolt. It made me question even maining the shaman because of the aesthetic.

Nobody like the current animation. This topic is so minimal and it won’t ”fix” shamans, but it will make us at least enjoy casting the spell we cast thousands of times during a raid.

The spell looks like clip art zaps. I expect lightning blasts with exploding energy and power. Not a 1.7 cast time for a clip art zap.

I’m too tired to type up a long post, I just don’t understand why this is still our animation when we have complained since the day it was changed that we wanted 7.3 LB back. I’m just sad about possibly being miserable for every raid night casting unpleasant sparks.

Thanks for reading… just change our animation. No balancing…No tuning. Easy request…

Just. Change. It.

18 Likes

Bringing this post up, lightning bolt does look very poor.
There’s npcs that cast even better lightning bolts in cata zones.

8 Likes

Same as frost shock and flame shock. I would like to see changes to those spells also.

9 Likes

Have you seen the majority of shadow’s spells? Cuz neither have I.

3 Likes

They literally have a perfect lighting bolt animation from 7.3 as well :confused:

If they are married to the current animation of lightning bolt, it would take 0.5 seconds to make this unused asset a glyph or something. It really sucks when NPCs in Halls of Valor and Vol’dun have very high-textured, well designed lightning animations, but when it comes to shaman; the living conduit for the elements, we shoot out a blue crayon mark. (Which is honestly worse for enh due to it being the “peak” spell in the rotation).

14 Likes

They actually look better than Lightning bolt tho.
The thing is they are mostly instant cast spells and dots so yea it has been like this for these spells since ever, this applies to Affl warlocks too. Shadow form some people love it some hate it.

But LB from shamans? there’s absolutely no one that likes this new version.

1 Like

Man I didn’t even know this existed since I joined in BFA. Bring it back!

God I remember these animation potential changes and was so sad when the Lightning ones werent used. PLEASE Blizzard make the glyphs.

2 Likes

Actually if you pay attention, each of affliction’s dots have a continuous visual effect on the target while shadow’s doesn’t.

Um Lightning bolt their look 100000000% better then now…

Lightning bolt now looks like paper… it’s so 1 dimensional.

6 Likes

It’s 2022 and this game still has visuals that a Playstation 2 would put to shame. I am not sure why they are so lacking in the in-game visual graphic section. It’s almost like they do not have teams focused on certain aspects of the production of the game before putting it out to play.

All characters should routinely be given new visual glyph updates every expansion or every other patch at least. The way gear looks needs to be updated. Using visual pallets from the mid to late 2000s is lazy.

4 Likes

I really wish they would update the lightning bolt or give us the glyph of that 7.3 lightning bolt, to me anything’s better than this “paper” lightning effect that we call lightning bolt.

6 Likes

Hopefully this threat can get some sort of attention from the devs.

Blizz, if you can hear us please use the 7.3 animation for lightning bolt, I will love you forever if you do

I feel old I remember back when lighting bolt was a ball with a tail and that one is still my favorite one

2 Likes

I would prefer one of the amazing updated lightnings, but yea I too liked the old LB over the current one.

1 Like

Man, I liked the classic version of Lightning Bolt better than the current version.

EDIT: spelled out abbreviated words.

I enjoyed the ball of plasma the most

1 Like

I enjoy you the most <3

Agreed and also: THE SOUND EFFECT. It sounds so anticlimactic, especially as the Enhancement finisher.

1 Like