Lightforged Warrior RP

Hiya all!
So I just moved my Lightforged Draenei warrior to Moon Guard from WRA and decided I wanted to write her a profile and actually get into rp on her.

Then it hit me: how do I even do that?

Granted, I could just be ignorant and need to be shown but I just am so unsure of how to rp her or what to do with her except be this holy, zealous gote!

Enlighten me please, kind folks :yum: I guess it’s a form of writers block and I need outside ideas!

:heart:

I imagine not EVERY LFD has seen Azeroth. Some could’ve been out, still taking down demons and other notable baddies to help keep the high ranking demons/Legion under wraps. Clean-up crew, more or less.
Others were maybe supporting the ones still fighting.
Id wager they could still be new enough to Azeroth, they wouldnt know much about the world.

1 Like

Big question: who is she?

Draenei are aliens to Azeroth, the Lightforged especially as they arrived much later. They have also been at war for quite some time. Additionally, they’ve more or less dedicated their lives to serving the Light, demonstrated by their tattoos.

Was she especially dutiful? Is she a stickler for law and order? Was her commitment made a bit prematurely? Is she on her own? Is she traveling with others? How is she adapting to duty without the Legion?

It can help to start small and then expand, so figure out who she’d have been before Azeroth.

Thank you already for the wonderful responses! :heart_eyes_cat: Definitely helps me!

When a stranger walks into a bar, w hat’s the first thing your mind asks?

Is it how they were raised? No, it’s going to be “What are they going to do next?”

If what your character is doing now doesn’t hold my interest, a long monologue on your backstory won’t even grab my attntion.

Reminder that depending on when she became a Lightforged, she probably lived a long life before that. War was a constant, one does not become Lightforged to them go be a farmer, right?

So try thinking how such long conflicted impacted her psyche and what to do now when it has died down heavily now.

How did she operate? What was her opinion on her colleges? Maybe some particular ‘war stories’ that impacted her deeply?

1 Like

Try responding to the writing prompts and write your character in the present first.

Do the back story if you must after grounding your character in the present first.