Lightforged Warlocks actually make SOME sense?

Remember that all Naaru become Dark Naaru when they deplete their powers or become injured.

And that Dark Naaru can have that energy siphoned, and revert back into ordinary Naaru, or drift further into Void Gods. It’s all seemingly cyclical.

Lightforged certainly would have notes on this. I guess it’s not too far-fetched, although certainly would require more explanation, which we hopefully do get.

Void spells are iconic for both Shadow Priests, and Warlocks.

I imagine they could explain away Lightforged Warlocks if they gave us some remnants of those red Eredar guys, now under our service, probably given healthy skepticism as well.

Given that we’re also having an infinite dragonflight megadungeon in the same patch, what if Lightforged Warlocks are just from an alternate reality, like the Mag’har Orcs? I’d hate that more, probably, lol. We don’t know anything yet.

Void and Fel are two VERY different things. Just because they’re both classified as shadow damage for gameplay purposes doesn’t mean they’re related.

5 Likes

Well, we know Warlocks actually do handle Void in some capacity.

VOIDwalkers for example, lol.

Assuming the Lightforged have a Dark Naaru in captivity somewhere for study, it would certainly be Warlocks to keep it there.

1 Like

Not related, but warlocks use both.

I thought warlocks just used fel magic? I guess the more you know.

Fel, void, and shadowflame.

If its dark and scary, a warlock will try and use it.

Thank You for the information, I had no idea. :slight_smile:

…no they aren’t. Warlocks sometimes have a passing use of the void, but nothing compared to the fel abilities that are basically synonymous with “warlock”. This is a good explanation of why there are lightforged shadow priests.

1 Like

I don’t know It’s still little bizzare but Mag’har and Draenei Warlocks does make sense through.

The lore babies will be like, “technically, warlocks cast demonic shadow spells and dark naaru are void shadow beings.” Shadow is shadow. The Void is just a pure expression of it. There’s also a lot of cosmic overlap. Kil’jaeden also practiced necromancy on Ner’zhul. Gul’dan used necromancy to make the first DKs.

Explain to me Voidwalkers then, lol.

Read to me the spec description for Demonology Warlocks.

Also, tell me about Ner’zhul, and about the Shadowmoon Clan, and those than became Warlocks.

You’re seemingly overlooking some fundamental Warlock lore, they do indeed work with the Void as well as Fel.

1 Like

What about voidwalkers? They’re enough like demons that warlocks can summon some of them. But they aren’t creating them, any more than they create individual imps or felguards.

Ner’zhul’s Shadowmoon weren’t warlocks. They were basically a mixture of shadow priests and shaman, drawing on the power of a fallen naaru.

And yes, orc spellcasters could become warlocks, whether they were regular shaman or void-wielding ones. But that doesn’t mean that warlocks use void powers any more than they use lightning or earth.

Voidwalkers are a relic of the very early, very messy vanilla lore, before the fel/void distinction was clearly established. That was clarified/retconned like 15 years ago.