Lightforged Dreanei & Forsaken model toggle thread (or sub race)

I feel differently.

Many folk have been waiting years for several races we’ve still not seen and because of AR’s it feels really bad when they try to add them as customizations.

I’d like to see things like the Wildhammer properly added, Forest trolls and taunka even Frost Dwarves. All races that have the same silhouette’s to current races but vastly differing cultures.

Though things like Ogres and Sethrak and Furbolg and Saurok all have differing looks to any current race and I’m quite interested in them.

I think both new silhouettes and old ones should be added. I just feel Blizzard needs to ramp it up or add a sub races system to standard races instead of AR’s.

2 Likes

I concor, there is many rp and gameplay elements that be added with a sub race system. Even if we look at humans and orcs base races alone we could create a member of varies clans/kingdoms with it. Humans can even get different models depending on the kingdom chosen (skinny humans) and Horde could finally get the black rock they want so badly. There is so many topics ppl can do talking about sub races and model toggles alone lol.

This is on top of possible class combos too depending on the culture of each sub race.

1 Like

Yeah. There are a lot of benefits to such a system.

I was kinda iffy on it here and there and I still have concerns but none of them are any worse than the concerns I have over new ARs anyways so…

I say subrace system would be useful and good nowadays.

I also like your toggle ideas for Forsaken and LF races for similar reasons.

1 Like

I don’t think there should be new races created from whole cloth, I’m just saying “cultural distinctions” isn’t enough. What’s that really bringing to the game except new looks?

Just using PvP as an example, I should be able to look at a character (without clicking on it) and identify class and general abilities. Example “That’s a melee (maybe even specific spec i.e. Paladin) Dwarf. I know they need to get close to me to do real damage and they can cleanse a bunch of stuff off them.” Gameplay clarity as other games call it. Now if we’re just saying “I want play this piece of lore” then okay cool, I agree with that sentiment but the problem is the game keeps downplaying differences.

New players don’t get a real feel for what it means to be a Night Elf Druid or a Draenei Paladin anymore. They get a little, but now it’s more just Alliance/Horde, then Covenants.

Hate to burst that bubble but such a thing was already lost in mist with the release with pandaran, and even further with void elves and fully covered nightborne.

Also I personally don’t have that issue in pvp. I can immediately tell based on gear/first skill or move a player makes on what class they are, and if I don’t notice them, the first spell they cast will tell me with the over head health bars.

Red is dead as they say.

There is no gameplay lost on these options. In fact with sub races more can be gained via class combos or additional racials (although all of them do not need new racials and can borrow them from the main race like lfd and forsaken can with their sub races.)

I also want to add this in, there is allot of mmo’s and other games where silhouettes are similar or the same on both sides. If it is not an issue in those games. Why would it be an issue here?

1 Like

Usually I can tell but I will admit I’ve tried to take out a fair few Void Elves and Nightborne (on the appropriate sides) and been really confused. lol

I agree though that issue was dissolved with the introduction of both those races regardless.

This!

THIS! THIS SO MUCH THIS!

2 Likes

I can see it now;

“I depend on silhouettes”

/plays an fps game and shoots the ally that was gonna back stab someone and gets a friendly kill point. All because everyone looks the same.

I wonder what drama would insue.

1 Like

Why would the Sunwell be weaponized? Who is weaponizing it?

Because for some, adding in too many silhouettes on both sides turns uniqueness into bland, boring homogenization. Not much different than the “make every race be every class” argument that some are against. They become just another boring skin, instead of something special.

Even for me, having the same Nelf, Belf and Draenei models wasn’t a good move. But here we are. :confused:

By preventing it to feed other elves arcane addiction.

Blood elves.

With cross faction grouping coming around the corner or at least being planned I think this is going to be a lot less of an issue then you think. Also boring is within the eye of the beholder and more customization that is friendly to both possibly lore and role play value is gained from this as well as fixing mistakes that had been made in the past with for example wildhammer dwarves being shoved with bronzebeard dwarves.

But… why? Only the Belfs are sustained by it at this point. Helfs learned to live without it. Velfs have their Void.

I’m confused.

I didn’t say it was an issue. Races simply lose their uniqueness.

The sunwell is shared between the blood elves and high elves.

Not really. Racials, culture, and personality is still there. Silhouette uniqueness ship sailed with void elves getting 99% of the Blood Elf package this patch.

Helfs are allowed to pilgrimage there. That’s about it. But they haven’t needed it for a long time. That’s why they left and didn’t find new ways to live off of the magic addiction.

No one is weaponozing a sacred place.

To me, really.

And as I stated earlier, I disliked that and don’t want to see it continue downhill.

Helfs learned to deal with the addiction pain but are still connected to it.

They are all sustained by it at this point due to their connection. There is no need to deal without it anymore and they don’t.

And we don’t have any real information on whether void elves still have a connection to it or not. It’s never been mentioned one way or another.

1 Like

That still doesn’t mean anyone’s weaponizing a sacred place that people pilgrimage to.

They need it. Learn your lore.

I didn’t say they would, I said they could fear they would. 2 different concepts.

Then it must bother you that pandarean, nightborne (fully armored), and void elves exist.

Again that ship sailed, and cross faction play will build an air plane to fly it off further in the horizon.

Probably not I agree.

Though honestly the way Blizzard writes things I could see that angle.

But mostly I think the Blood Elves are less likely to ever do anything to threaten the Sunwell, I mean they exiled the Void Elves before they were void elves out of fear of it being harmed in the first place.

1 Like

They don’t. Having pangs for something isn’t life or death. They lived without it for a long time. Don’t get snippy.

Still doesn’t make any sense.

I guess you didn’t read my posts. Again. For the second time. You cherry picked and ignored comments to further your narrative. Not surprising.

I’m done with you being condescending.

Not getting snippy. You do need to learn your lore. Some meditated to control the addiction, others drained relics that was imbued with arcane power, but they did not managed to end the need to feed on the arcane.

The high elves have a serious mistrust of the Blood elves. That mistrust allows them to fear something happening despite it not happening. That is all the reason they need to find another way around an issue.

Not cherry picking but ok. I did read your posts. Only thing I got from them was your fear of races losing uniqueness/faction uniqueness, which I had addressed several times on why it either don’t matter at the end due to incoming cross faction play, or that games already have similar silhouettes already and it was not a game issue. The gains outweigh the loss anyways. The races I keep reminding you of also already shows that uniqueness of factions was already lost.

It confuses me that Light Forged and Looking for Dungeon have the same acronym.

Every time I see this post title I think “what do forsaken models have to do with random dungeon finder?

Hmmm? Did not notice it would be confusing since lfg was normally used as the acronym for dungeons. I will change thread title to help it be less confusing.