LGBTQ+ Pride Month Micro Holiday?

I can see it now… lgbtq micro holiday, then every single religious micro holiday, then culture appreciation micro holidays it will never stop…

Like I fully support the community, just let WoW be WoW… please…

8 Likes

Silly humor:

We need a LGBTQ Torghast layer…

I am kidding of course, because it is ludicrous.

18 floors and a night with the Gaelor.

Please–it’s just a dumb joke, demonstrating how absurd the whole idea is.

Does everything have to be so personal and invasive?

1 Like

I mean clearly you’re not.

so … on the World Tree Day holiday …

… should there be npcs throwing trees around the main cities?

Ahh yes, so I’m against having a micro holiday that will just keep opening more non sense threads and more micro holidays as I’ve said before, so that means that I actually don’t support them in the real world which actually matters… :man_facepalming:t4:

Grow up… this is a fantasy video game. While I think it’s ridiculous to have this inclusion in WoW means nothing how I support them IRL, I have multiple friends and family in this community.

6 Likes

pride month is too exclusionary and divisive. So I would not support this.

5 Likes

Why…?

I legitimately don’t understand the purpose of it in this setting, besides being a completely out of universe virtue signal being pushed into the setting for no reason.

There’s no in universe reason for this, it would be completely out of place, and make no sense.

3 Likes

For the past 2 years everquest has been giving out pride-themed mini pets for free each june. If the boomers that play that game can cope so can wow players.

2 Likes

We do not need Hallmark holidays junking up the calendar. Where does it stop? We should observe national hot dog day?

We have an abundance of large holidays already. Holidays observed by the entire world. When you get to the point that you have too many it makes all of them less special.

4 Likes

Go to Lion’s Pride Inn on Moon Guard if you want a full serving of pride.

1 Like

Your post is annoying and technically the reputation in it makes it against the coc.

Maybe you should quit your quibbling novice and get over the fact that people like me exist.

:transgender_flag:

2 Likes

I’m LGBTQ+ and I don’t need a micro-holiday. Sprinkle in characters who aren’t straight now and then and we’re good.

All I have ever asked for is game worlds that don’t pretend people like me don’t exist.

Real life Pride is fun because there is music and food and, where I lived, so many kids and dogs (a whole section of the festival was pet rescue stuff).

But in the game? Naw. Just don’t leave us out.

6 Likes

Why was my post removed?

Do we not even get a notification? Our posts just disappear?!

Saw that a number of people had liked it, clicked the link back in to the thread and it had gone.

1 Like

Anyway:

Which version of Pride did you want to add in to the game op?

The old version, where LGBT people marched to say ‘Hey, we are humans, just like you, and deserve to be able to love who we love in peace’.

(Which would be pointless as in Azeroth anything goes politically/socially anyway)

Or the modern version of ‘Pride’ which my gay brother refuses to take his family to anymore due to increased nudity, ‘excited’ men in leather dog suits handing their leads to children (photos online, wouldn’t recommend googling though). The one where the message seems to now be ‘Hey, you! I am far more interesting and special than you. And if you don’t completely accept and love all the fetishes tagging along with me (diaper fetish anyone? Bleugh) then you are a bigot.)

No thanks.

7 Likes

Why do you identify yourself as something you are not rather than what you are? I think there are some underlying issues.

Would this affect the games rating? Because I’m sure some rater will care.

I made a post about national cheesesteak day and it got removed cause it was labeled a “real life threat to someone”

2 Likes

Overwatch did it because it’s supposed to take place in the real world, just in the future.
Warcraft doesn’t take place on Earth.

I don’t understand what you’re trying to say.

LGBT people exist in warcraft just like on earth?

2 Likes

Yes, but it wasn’t ever an issue. Blizzard has stated there is no transphobia/homophobia in Warcraft, so there wouldn’t be a need to have a holiday to celebrate them. It’s like if there was a holiday for being able to walk. It’s just everyday business for them.

1 Like