LGBTQ+ Megathread & Lounge (Part 2)

The other games I have been on recently are SWToR and Secret World, though I just got started on Palia on Steam and am having some fun there.

Still firmly entrenched in WoW though, for the forseeable future.

3 Likes

I don’t understand GW2 at all, I am such a noob on that game! I bought the newest (I think) expansion four months ago and have never been to the new zone, I don’t even know how to get there LOL!

3 Likes

I trade off between wow and swtor tbh although i never seem to play during a galactic season ijbol or come in at the end

2 Likes

How’s SotO? I heard people complaining it felt unfinished.

Also after gearing up my Mesmer a bit, things are SO much more easier. Was able to kill the boss in Living World Season 1 Episode 2. Having so much more fun now summoning phantasms and blinking around

Usually gotto go to your story journal and click “Continue This Story”. Then find the green indicators in the map which will guide you.

Also I was out book shopping and went to buy War of the Scaleborn. Kinda exited to read and the cover is cool

2 Likes

SotO feels more like content in-between a proper expansion and a living world season (Like the Icebrood Saga). It’s good - and I dig that Patty Mattson voices one of the main characters so I don’t feel like I’m completely away from WoW.

The new legendary crafting looks much more attainable because now you don’t need to raid to get it. The zones and music are awesome and the voice acting is great, too. The premise feels a bit outta left field, but the more the story unfolds, the more ‘natural’ it feels, too.

2 Likes

Ugh, just had the worse night ever. I went to meet my partner at Port Botany, as he was in Sydney for an hour to unload. Things went well, only got to spend an hour though with him, but an hour is better than no time. As he went back to his truck, I found myself getting t-boned by a red light runner. Worse part is, the other driver then decided to take off, making it a hit and run. So, waited for the police, had to get my car towed, and my partner throught to give me a lift back to my house to drop me off in his truck.

10 minutes drive from home, he gets pulled over for an RBT, and well, he somehow failed a drug test, making us both having to walk. He also had to call for a tow to move his truck as it was technically stopped on the side of the road where it was a clearaway zone, and ended up having to walk the rest of the night home. And then to make things worse. Like, wow, bad luck just hit both me and my man. He is upset that he failed that roadside drug test, though he is trying to work out how he tested positive when he doesn’t even touch any drugs, and I got a mess with insurance to sort out since the other driver fled the scene.

9 Likes

wow, that sounds absolutely horrible! I’m so sorry to read that

7 Likes

Oh my goodness /hug that stinks!

7 Likes

Like, why did this have to happen to the both of us :sob:

Though my partner did try and look at the bright side of things. He said atleast we can be together more often.

EDIT: I should’ve actually corrected, he just technically can’t drive for 24 hours if tested positive roadside, he has to wait for a blood test to come back before whether he loses his license or or not.

8 Likes

Wishing you two the best.

6 Likes

I’m sorry you are going through this sis but I’m also always here for you if you want it or need it just ping me.

I couldn’t decide which GIF to use so I used both. :heartpulse: :heartpulse: :heartpulse:

7 Likes

I’m tired of my health insurance company’s brinksmanship with provider contracts. They did this in January with one health care system and now they’re doing it with another health care system that directly impacts a doctor I have an appointment with in a couple weeks. The existing contract is scheduled to expire at midnight tonight. This particular health care system is one of what seems to be 2 LBGT+ affirming systems in my area. The other one has long wait lists for trans-related healthcare that make it impractical. Things did work out with the other health care system in January, but not until the very last second. I’m keeping my fingers crossed at this point.

9 Likes

Don’t know if you are in the USA, but I hate the health care industry here. I’ve been having to pay out of pocket to see the endocrinologist I switched to in Dec 2022 because she’s not in the network covered by the insurance provider. I wish our health care choices were not dictated by insurance (or the lack there of). I’m privileged that I can still afford (thought that’s become much tougher over the last year because my income’s dropped) to pay for this doctor bill on my own even though the office visits are not covered, but not everyone has that ability. I don’t like to politicize, but I, personally, feel that everyone deserves good healthcare no matter if they can afford it or not.

8 Likes

I am in the USA right now with plans to move to Canada next year. The health care system is one of the important factors behind my decision to move. Living in a blue state in a relatively large metro area does help. Lots of people are accepting he and my doctors offices have been fully supportive. It’s just making sure that the costs are manageable. The in network cost is something I can easily afford. Out of network costs would have me digging deep into savings, so it’s important to me to make sure that the upcoming transition procedures are covered at in network prices and that I’m fully recovered before I have to pack for the move.

Since it’s trans day of visibility, I am a trans man gathering the paperwork for a physical transition.

11 Likes

I love this so thanks for sharing with us. :heart: :heart: :heart:

8 Likes

Thank you for the kind words :slight_smile:

I just saw that the insurance company and health care system made a last second deal, so my appointment in a couple weeks will be in network. That’s a relief.

7 Likes

Beat ff7 rebirth

Gonna delete my save and do it all over again. I haven’t felt the need to do that with a game in ages lol.

Yeah I know I could play hard mode. Ha. No. I had to put that game on easy for a few end game boss fights. My fault mostly. I was avoiding playing some characters so when the game made me use them, I struggled. I wanna fix that.

That and the early / mid part of the game is just fun. Well the whole game is fun. Theres just something about when you’re low level. Probably gonna try and chill this time. And a whole lotta practice. THEN I’ll go for Hard Mode.

3 Likes

I finally got the plunderstorms mog but it’s not even showing on this character in here. Sad…

It’s been super struggle lol I use to love pvp but some reason it’s causing me tension headaches, anxiety and just has my heart racing… It’s a game I shouldn’t take being killed personally but some reason it makes me mad lol. Think I’m just too old for this now.

Two lvls to go though so almost done then my pally can be pirate captain, rawr!

4 Likes

I sleep late, wake up, and the 13 3k character thread is 404’d. I wonder what I missed :eyes:

lol not sure xD

I had to think about what that was for a moment.