LGBT Movies

I got disney+ JUST to watch that a few weeks ago. It’s worth it imo. Also Hamilton now!

1 Like

Awesome! :smiley: My mom watched Hamilton the other day and really liked it. She and I got to see Hamilton when the tour came to South Florida. Really loved the show and want to see it again.

1 Like

Definitely give Out a shot! I think they make an entire world of potential with this short. I hope to see more of it

Also- thank you everyone for such a nice thread. I was kinda worried posting this here but there’s been a lot of new content I had no idea about. Love WoW

2 Likes

I most certainly shall give Out a try. :blush:

I’m happy the thread has been nice and you’ve found new things to watch! I’ve done the same and remembered older movies I haven’t seen in while. lol

1 Like

I’ll add But I’m a Cheerleader! (1999) I find it hilarious and it has Natasha Leone, RuPaul, and the guy that voices Zuko as well as other well known actors and it makes fun of the ridiculousness of conversion camps.

2 Likes

Blizzard should add Rupaul as a reference in WoW

1 Like

That would be a lot of fun! I’d so love that. :smiley:

The Birdcage is one of my favs. My mom let me watch it as a kid and I think it was one of my first moments of exposure to lgbt folks. But my little kid brain was just entertained that Robin Williams and Nathan Lane were in it so I just thought it was The Genie and Timon hanging out.

1 Like

I Have 3 that come to mind:

Heartstone
An Icelandic coming of age, that plays so innocently yet perfectly highlights the internal struggles many LGBT people have when growing up:

My Best Friend
An Argentinian coming of age, where a troubled family friend is taken into the family, to try to bring him down the correct path, again I feel like many may find it very relatable.

Gods Own Country
Honestly this is just a great LGBT Romance

2 Likes

I REALLY want to see an LGBT adaptation of Disney’s The Little Mermaid.

It would be cute to see a male version of Ariel trying to win the heart of Prince Eric.

Instead of changing someone else’s work, I would rather they did something original. If you want to stay in that universe, Ariel had tons of sisters. One of them could have a son that wants to follow in his aunts footsteps (walk on land.)

I bet most people don’t want to see the same story over and over but with a lead character that fits whatever cause is popular atm.

4 Likes

I’ve got another suggestion.

My Brother’s Husband

It popped into my head because of another thread. It’s based on a manga (only two books) by Gengoroh Tagame and was turned into a tv drama movie. It might be hard to find but with some Google Foo my friend and I found it online to stream. I forget the site. :frowning: It’s a really good story focusing on homophobia, family and cultural differences. The actors they got to represent the ones in the manga worked really well. It was fun to learn the actor who played the Canadian husband had background in sumo wrestling. :smiley:

I’m disappointed in you.

Love Simon is cute

Mermaids are often used as symbols in the trans community so that would be cute

1 Like

If you’re allowing TV shows, I recently (finally) started watching Schitt’s Creek. I cried at this scene:

Seasons 1-5 are streaming now on Netflix, Season 6 (the last one) should be on there soon :crossed_fingers:t3:

1 Like

Wow I just teared up. I have watched some of the first season but never stuck with it. Really loved the mom especially tho- she’s so funny :rofl:

1 Like

Catherine O’Hara was in so many movies I loved growing up, she’s just great. The characters change so much from season 1, I promise it only gets better. Patrick doesn’t appear until season 3 and sometime after there’s a really beautiful episode where he comes out to his parents.

There’s some wonderfully touching moments, I genuinely adore this show.

1 Like

Hmmmmmmmmm

I don’t know sorry.

I never paid any attention to this show other than seeing articles pop up about it. I really should give it a go. Was flipping through the channels last night at my parent’s and saw Eugene Levy accepting an Emmy. It’s nice to see him get that sort of attention after so many years. Apparently the show won quite a few awards last night.

1 Like