LFR transmog annoying/difficult to get

If they do come up with a solution to this issue I hope it works retroactively to previous dragonflight seasons. I gave up on trying to get the S1 LFR appearances because it was just too big of a headache.

So personal loot does make a difference here. There’s no restriction on tier tokens and weapons for personal loot.

Many specs actually prefer the JC Idol trinkets over the Alchemy stones, but definitely refer to sims before choosing which of the two to craft.

1 Like

That is not incorrect at all, you’re very confused. I can’t go into lfr and need on anything, because nothing I have is lower or similar ilvl than lfr gear. So I am out of luck and can’t get any of my lfr appearances because I raid at a higher level than lfr. Which is kind of dumb. I am talking about getting transmog, aka our tier pieces, and I cannot need on those (which again makes sense).

With personal loot I could get any piece from any boss regardless of ilvl, with group loot I can’t need on anything because everything I have is higher ilvl. That makes sense and is how it should work for sure, the issue is anyone who does higher level content just doesn’t get that mog.

So they need to add a way for those who raid above lfr to get the mog, the catalyst is not a good solution for that either.

Well the problem there is id either have to waste $60 or level another paladin which feels like a huge waste of my time, and then I have to spend time gearing up enough for lfr and then stealing gear that I don’t need (since I’ll never play the second paladin) from other people that may need it.

It’s stupid, they just need to add a way for those who don’t need gear from lfr to get the lfr appearances. It’s really that simple I think. Especially now with group loot

I would never be able to get it through the vault because I raid already. Prog is almost over so we’ll be clearing the raid weekly, meaning I won’t get any lfr options in the vault sadly. This is the case for anyone who raids higher than lfr.

I’m not confused.

This is incorrect.

Did you actually even read these? It is specifically stating they made it so the system will now check if you have tier at equal or higher item level, making you ineligible to roll need on it. I’m not sure what you aren’t getting but I went into lfr a couple days ago and was unable to roll need on anything lower item level than what I have on, only greed and transmog were available to press.

Read what you posted, it states in both of them that you -cannot- roll need if you have a piece at the same item level or higher. This means you -cannot- get your tier transmog from lfr if you have higher item level tier already. I’m not sure why this is hard to understand but you provided two links saying the exact same thing I am saying to you

From the second link: “Fixed an issue where players could unconditionally roll Need on Set Tokens. The system will now check if the player owns the Token or the Set Piece itself at equal or greater power.“

From the first link: “Additionally, players can’t Need on a piece of loot if they’re wearing the exact piece at the exact item level, though in the event where this occurs but the dropped piece has a Tertiary stat or Socket, that roll would be possible (as those are upgrades).”

Sounds like a great solution

It’s not fair though. If you’re geared you likely did more work to kill the boss, but then you get less of a chance to loot gear?

Excuse me while I play the world’s smallest violen for all the geared players out there that can’t get their mogs because those pesky noobs are still gearing their toons.

1 Like

All that’s being requested is a better system to accommodate both sides.

An excellent solution was proposed.

No need to be toxic.

4 Likes

A vendor that sells stuff that contains transmogs would be nice, tho it’d have to be a container like a crate that prevents people just instantly getting it.

Just make the container random and tokens/currency gained from raiding.

Would be nice to have.

This was what we had last tier - and Ajay a purposed solution that would work. But no rng - that’s just another troll move if it’s random.

Would depend on id PL kept the tier restrictions.

Would you accept it if I said it was categorized in armor/weapon types?

Yes. Tier. Not every single piece of gear. I specifically said that from the start.

The SAME exact piece at the SAME exact ilevel or higher.

You can’t tell me that you have every single piece of gear ever that drops in there.

No. You claimed you can’t roll on anything. And that is incorrect.

The game already has so much rng. And then to further bind tier gear behind more rng when the catalyst is delayed so long. All while the classes are tuned around that tier gear… no. Rng is just so toxic these days, especially when other mmos have reduced rng rather than add to it.

Honestly i think the main quest line should award everyone with at least 4 pieces of tier at low ilvl so they can start playing their class as intended with the bonuses shortly after hitting max level, and be able to use other items to upgrade that gear over time.

My opinion is they should have different versions of LFR for different demographics:

• A solo scenario where the work is done by NPC’s. This is for grandma who has vision or mobility problems, and people who know they don’t belong in LFR. They would get a quest reward for completing their quest, and a little gold for repeating it.
  • A transmog only version, where all the transmog hunters could queue to need roll against each other.
  • An ez mode raiding version tuned for players who want ez mode raiding.
  • Tutorial mode, where you will play your role accompanied by NPC’s. And lots of tooltips telling you what to watch out for. And talking heads telling you what to do next. If you made a serious mistake, it would stop and rewind. This could be infinitely repeatable for slow learners to gain confidence before playing with other players, whereupon they would be ready to move up to the ez mode version.

Thats what i do too, good call on the profession i hadnt thought of that. I have a shaman alt that i do LFR exclusively for transmog, which means i have to keep ilevel low for slots i need. It works really well but it was quite a time investment to set up.

1 Like