LFR N'zoth

I can’t queue for The Waking Dream without a cloak. Hotfix already?

3 Likes

is it? I will check it out later I’m in one atm :thinking:

I was able to lead a group in LFR today after joining them they were already at 10 stacks, but with my guidance and lots of raid warnings we killed it after about 15pulls.

My first normal pug kill took 21 pull.

Edit: Make sure you kick people who don’t have legendary cloak before pulling. They don’t belong there.

3 Likes

Yea just downed it after we got up to 10 stacks and it still took like 10 pulls. Once people listened and a few of us stepped up and lead it was easy. What a nightmare of a fight though.

1 Like

But it is the hardest mode, you have 24 other people more
likely to kill you than any trash pack or boss ever will :stuck_out_tongue:

Battle Music: N’zoth (Normal and Above)

Battle Music: N’zoth (LFR)

4 Likes

It’s not even LFR KJ…it’s KJ himself that was the problem. He was so HORRIBLY overtuned in all difficulties, specially mythic. I got the kill on heroic later on thought and it wasn’t all that bad…problem was KJ needed actual communication and a raid leader cause people couldn’t absorb the meteors 2 times in a row, and you had to stand in line of selected person for beam…none of which LFR ever did.

I’m a little surprised that having the cloak isn’t a requirement for queueing for that wing.

Seems like a no-brainer.

1 Like

It currently is.

1 Like

I can confirm that you need the Cloak to do N’zoth. It’s listed as a requirement.

Thank goodness!

That’s an insult to rocks.

5 Likes

Still won’t stop trolls from taking off the cloak once they get in there.

3 Likes

Less trolls than just stupid lazy people though

Lock the slot when you enter the zone. Make it impossible to remove?

1 Like

let’s hope so, because the group I was zoned into already had 10 stacks and after 1 or 2 more wipes it looked as tho things were progressing …but nope 7 more wipes after that so I left LOL

It’s no different than your guild runs wiping over and over until they finally get it!

1 Like

I don’t know why people keep saying this, that’s not how the tether works on any difficulty. A person who has paranoia has a small circle around them, if any person OTHER than the person they are tethered with goes into that circle they take sanity damage, if the two people who are linked together are not within eachothers circles they take HP damage.

It’s literally an idiot check mechanic, I’m surprised they put it in LFR since it’s an easily grief-able mechanic.

Yesterday I did lfr n’zoth in the small hopes i could get the sword purely for the corruption mind you. I queued in as dps first because I felt like dpsing. The queue instantly popped and i get dropped into this 10 determination group. The first and only pull i did as dps was amazing. 3 people instantly go insane on pull. The tanks are having a taunt tug of war on psychus’ spawn location and one of them is raging. Neither of them is bringing psychus to a synapse. Despite this the raid somehow almost manages to kill psychus before the group at large went insane. I immediately noped out since it was not happening without at least one competent tank.

I re queue as tank. Two minutes later i’m in. Its the same group. Still at determination 10. First pull a dps didn’t have cloak, we killed him and kept going, we got psychus down and then half the raid dies because they don’t click their bodies.

After several pulls it becomes apparent that my off tank lacks a clue as they somehow kept going insane and dying AFTER p1 in that order every pull. Like they had to be standing in miasma for like 10 seconds every pull to achieve this, consistently. I said nothing, and i would kill then brez them every time because i needed that tank outside on bashers. One pull my 8 man void squad managed to kill psychus 2 with minimal casualties and we return to everyone else being dead upstairs, the culprit was untanked basher tentacles. One pull after some of the good dps left we died to lack of dps in void realm leading people to point out the void realms existence. The next pull found two tanks in the void realm. Around this time I low-key hit the vote kick, but somehow the group at large had not thought that the tank who went insane early every pull was a good vote kick target, the vote needed 3 more people to start. Despite this they voluntarily left having run out of time for this lfr or some such.

The replacement tank was what we needed, they tanked the tentacles and they didn’t go insane on pull. They even had a cloak. Several pulls later with the contribution of some crazy diamond’s F.E.A.S.T. and flasks we managed to kill n’zoth. I got gold. We also had a soul crushing 3% wipe, but by that point there was hope where there was once none of a kill happening.

I firmly believe if I hadn’t gone in as tank that shard of lfr would not have killed n’zoth. Things that I did in that queue that slowly made the progression happen. 1. all the void realm tanking, including marking relevant synapses and at 4 stacks psychus with skull to direct the damage. 2. making a “USE THE EXTRA ACTION BUTTON” rw macro that I hit every time i hit the extra action button. 3. explaining every mechanic that wiped us or killed 3 or more people in a previous wipe after each pull, this ended up being every mechanic except paranoia and the intermission tentacle drag mechanic.

Honestly I don’t wanna do it again, but it was kinda fun.

3 Likes

Yes, just because a few people have to step up and act as raid leaders. Once everyone understands the fight and does their best its like a guild run. My group like I said had 10 stacks. We finally hit phase 3 and wiped. The next pull we got him down. It just takes some time and patience, which some LFR people lack. Within a month he will be nothing more than LFR fodder.

1 Like