LFR N'zoth

Writes something down

3 Likes

Multi phase encounter that uses all of what is a VERY large room, requires the raid to split themselves into two groups of their own accord. Has a permadeath mechanic with the sanity / mind controls, and instantly kills anyone who isn’t wearing the legendary cloak when the fight starts.

2 Likes

Really? I don’t recall that happening at the time at all. I do remember getting stacks in LFR with him, but never 10.

That sounds excellent.

In my experience they will nerf it crazy next week. I think they just make it hard the first week for the lulz.

5 Likes

I guess, I don’t wanna turn this into a “What’s the point of LFR” discussion so I won’t comment further.

All I can say is that since I play on EU I get one more day to watch the chaos before I’m able to poke my head in and experience it myself.

How long before the complaints start about being pre-emptively kicked for not having a cloak I wonder.

3 Likes

There’s only one way to wrangle a LFR pug into a boss kill like this

ODD GROUPS GO DOWN FIRST
EVEN GROUPS GO DOWN SECOND
IF YOU DIE TO MC THAT’S A 50 DKP MINUS BECAUSE YOU DIDN’T KNOW WHAT TO DO.

11 Likes

Oh, I didn’t mention, the main thing that causes people to be MCed is a tether. So if the other guy doesnt run to you / actively runs away its gonna happen to both of you.

1 Like

Lol they left paranoia in for LFR? Blizzard is seriously trolling

7 Likes

Looking at the journal they havent removed a single mechanic from heroic to LFR. The only difference is you can go into the mindgate both times.

You’ve just convinced me to do LFR.

3 Likes

Lei Shen was worse. At least with Durumu you could kill him with 75% of the raid dead. Fail to catch balls on Lei Shen and it’s a wipe.

That was an easy enough thing to learn and didn’t as far as I know lead to 10 stacks often or not. Yeah you could kill Durumu with 75% dead, but that pretty much was with 10 stacks reached already. Peoples computers could literally not handle the maze and had performance issues initially (before changes). I still contend that Durumu is the all time LFR king.

First few weeks of Lei Shen was 10 stacks regularly. Because all you had to do was miss one ball and the balls didn’t always spawn near where your party was standing.

1 Like

…I solemnly swear I’ll be up to no good…

3 Likes

I don’t do LFR. I feel like it makes me stupider just by being in it and watching the things people do.

6 Likes

I joined N’zoth at 2 stacks of determination and left at 9 stacks boss never got lower than 74%. :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

10 bucks says they remove paranoia and the cloak requirement by reset next week.

6 Likes

Probably won’t even make it that far.

2 Likes

I hope they NEVER remove the Cloak requirement.

10 Likes