LFR awakened vault reward 480 ilvl vs heroic dungeon 489 ilvl?

Awakened LFR needs to have higher level vault rewards. It makes no sense for a higher requirement instance to reward lesser quality gear than heroics.

5 Likes

LFR vault reward should be higher than that - the gear that drops in there is more than 480. Normal raids appear to be doing the same thing - not sure if display error or they aren’t going to give people an increase over the gear dropping in there.

They give around the same. Which makes sense because apparently Heroic dungeons were scaled up to an M0.

Latter bosses of LFR will drop it higher on the track though so that can save some crests/flightstones.

If heroics are giving veteran gear, that means they were scaled up to M+2 for rewards, as M0 and heroic gave gear on the same track last season (just at 1/8 instead of 4/8)

LFR always gives LFR rewards from the vault, similar to Normal giving normal raid, heroic giving heroic, etc.

Dungeons giving a path higher than what they drop is something that’s been going for a while to allow you go get the best track of gear from doing dungeons, but not as something you can farm all up the day one.

I think the vault is veteran for heroic dungeons. Drops is one track lower (though I’m not as computer at the moment so I might be wrong on this).

I’ve only just noticed this. It makes no sense for the vault to make heroic dungeons give a higher reward than LFR when LFR drops higher rewards than Heroic dungeon.

3 Likes

Yeah 489 is still veteran track for this season. In fact it is 4/8 veteran.

1 Like

where are you seeing this? nvm found it - I reported it as a bug - normal raids are doing the same sort of things as well

1 Like

That is the bonus ilvl you get from dungeon vaults for some reason. But the thing is that the dungeon vault at 489 will still be veteran track gear, so it’s the same as LFR end boss ilvl, and on the same upgrade track (which means same max ilvl) as all LFR gear.

Well, Heroic dungeons drop 476. LFR drops 480. But the vault at the end,
Heroic gives 486. LFR still gives 480.

While LFR isn’t exactly hard, it isn’t as easy as a Heroic dungeon, which should be higher ilvl reward than Heroic dungeons. Making Heroic dungeon gives a higher item level than LFR is basically saying, hey, want higher gear, do the easiest content.

2 Likes

Not exactly, as it depends on what item you get. Depending on which boss it drops from, it could be 480 all the way up 489 (or in some specific cases, 496).

Yes, the dungeon vault has always over-rewarded with it’s relative ease compared to how hard it is to get that ilvl by raiding, and this is true all the way to the M+ loot cap.

1 Like

And what is the chances of you getting an item higher than 480 through the vaults for LFR Raids?

Before upgrading it: about 50/50 from vault, but that will vary from raid to raid.

After upgrading it: 100%.

I don’t get why people still only look at item level. With crests and flightstones being a thing, the only thing that really matters is the upgrade track for the item. A vet piece is a vet piece, regardless of what ilvl it’s looted at.

2 Likes

I would disagree with LFR being “harder,” than heroic dungeons. I mean heroics are cake but you have to at least remain at your keyboard.

I am quite certain people are either auto attacking or even throwing one spell at the boss then walking away. Looking at details they do like 1k dps

480 is just the base item level. The items vary.