Lforged or Regular Draenei Warrior?

As the title suggests, I’m sorta trying to decide between Lightforged Draenei or regular Draenei for Warrior. I have weighed the pros and cons of both (like regular having healing while Lightforged has extra damage), but I still can’t decide. Warrior is a class I truly have a hard time choosing a race for, and for Alliance I narrowed it down to Draenei… just not sure which to go with. The other struggle being obviously the Lightforged have their heritage armor, while I can also work with some plate sets that can be used by any plate class, Help?

I’ve made 2 warriors on alliance. My prot warrior is a Night Elf, because I love Night Elves + they’re racial is just super nice. My arms warrior who is level like 25 that I just get on to level for funsies is a mechagnome. I’ve heard from a friend that he made his warrior a Draenei and he’s told me it’s so nice having that racial heal as part of your kit since you don’t really have anything like it as a warrior. It’s totally up to you though, but the heal does seem really cool to have. :slightly_smiling_face:

The answer to this question is simple. Are you going to use the heal on other people? If no, then don’t take it. As a prot warrior–the one taking all the damage–I still never use Gift of the Naru on myself. Any situation that is so desperate that I need a 3 minute cooldown heal is that desperate because the healer needs it more.

If you’re not in the mindset, or prepared to get into the mindset, of sacrificing some global cooldowns (and therefore DPS) for party members then you shouldn’t have them. The fact that you can’t decide between DPS and healing tells me that you’re not ready to give your cooldown to someone else; so you should go with Lightforged instead.

Gift of the naaru isn’t strong enough or fast enough to make a meaningful impact.

I typically don’t heal unless I specifically queue as a healer, which honestly only occurs when I play shaman. And I was gonna go for Fury Warrior, since I enjoy it, so wasn’t sure if a bit of extra healing or AoE damage was the way to go

My warrior is Lightforged. Dropping that racial on a large pack does some pretty nifty damage. (I’ve seen spikes between 150-200k).

I’ve been both, the racials mean little in the long run.

Pick the visual customizations you personally enjoy the most.

Like Wagglestorm, I was a Draenei from ICC tier too Sanctum’s raid and switched to Lightforge. (Was a Night Elf first wen I tanked more)

Both have good points. First off the Draenei heal can be used on yourself or a ally or a target that can be healed (think of the Anduin fight in the add phase) The Light forge have 3 good racials. First is their death one. If you die alot, your death has at least some meaning. The Light’s Judgement is also good too for some offensive advantage as a warrior. The third one is great if your a blacksmith as you can summon a portable anvil to smith in the middle of a dungeon or raid if you need to craft something quickly. (such as sharpening stones if you use them)

grumbles in Dwarf master race

3 Likes

My personal suggesting is to go LFD.

I rolled one recently and I love it.

Regular Draenei just didn’t seem suited to the class. Paladin or Shaman maybe, but not Warrior.

LFD just seem more… honorable?

That heal has saved my butt on numerous occasions. You have to know when to use it. It’s also nice to have it as a spot heal for your party’s tank when your healer is struggling a bit.

I agree though, the overall impact of that heal isn’t very big.

Yeah, this is pretty nice too. My first LFD was a mage, and that nuke hitting a pack is pretty nice.

Min/maxing: Draenei for raid; Lightforged for M+.

Lightforged for aesthetic, imo.