Hello Im a seasoned m+ player like most of all
Im looking to create a m+ push group and plan to play some days/nights a week with a mindset on 3kio and beyond the class i will be playing is relative to the team, for now i have an augie evoker and a paladin all role ready and geared to go but im willing change class or spec depeding on what can i find so long the team fits
you are not required to leave your guild!
based on the current dungeon pool and the reveal of the new dungeon pool most of the players know utility its king on M+ more than DPS and Healing output so im gonna describe the classes more or less im looking for and the reasons behind each possible choice.
this is the baseline of the team:
- 1-2 battle Rez, 1 battle rez its a must but 2 secures the dungeon as if the player with the battle rez dies the dungeon its pretty much over on high keys specially if the only b rez is the tank or the healer.
- Blood lust, self explenatory
- 2 melee kicks or better (15 sec kick) or close to melee kicks (augie 18 secs) this count includes the tank, an exception to this with a protection paladin and triple range comps.
i tried to do a good research on each spec im about to mention please feel free to comment if im wrong in something.
---------------What Im NOT looking for-------------------
the reasons its because the spiky damage on high keys can blow them up pretty easly as many have seen in tiktoks and twitch highlights with a combination of the following:
-no party buff
- blood shield only covers physical damage
-crowd control with 2 charges of death grip + abomination limb
-AMZ so very niche situations
-very low damage compared to other tanks.
-undead slave for incorporeals
- death strike heal and physical damage absorb on rotation
-have access to a cheat death
LOW-MEDIUM-HIGH, this is confusing for some but DKs are super self sustaining tanks on low-medium keys, on high keys they can actually die in middle of deathstrikes globals if not carefull or using Cds properly and the time frame to heal spiky damage is pretty short, there is many backing evidence from world class tanks to this claims.
even considering the pros it offers there are other tanks that can do aoe stops, have battle rez and the amz is not strong enough to justify a DK tank in my eyes, not to mention very low mobility.
they are going to have a very powerfull 4 set piece on the next patch and are undergoing a rework so for now its on a blurred line, but overall its the tank with the strongest dps in both single target and AOE.
-------------Possible Tanks to add up-------------------
- Warrior buff 5% attack power
- Rally cry
- good ammount of damage both in single target and AOE
- permanent mitigation thanks to the new defensive stance change (it is less requried to be in battle stance as the damage penalty of defensive stance was reduced and with a 20% permanent damage reduction magic damage is a non issue for skilled warriors, even if they dont want to stance swap)
-high uptime on shield block and self sustain with ignore pain making physical sustained damage a non issue
- exelent damage on cooldowns with avatar, ravager and passive talent related to avatar.
-shattering throw for incorporeals (it works)
- Rally Cry
-Good warriors can deflect magic for nice dps increase and defensive power
- stormbolt single target stun, aoe fear, and aoe stun with shockwave make warriors really good controling mobs.
-large hp pool
-access to a shield (more armour increase, lower physical damage taken including non-melee swings such as bleeds or aoes that do physical damage)
- with The current and future meta the warrior buff will only buff a 1 dps at most besides himself.
- no dispels or real utility besides the occasional intervene on niche boss mechanics such as pistol shots in freehold, making the load of utility fall into other players hands which might limit composition options.
-no battle rez.
- no “real” self healing
LOW-MEDIUM, with their reliable defensive power they only require enough heals to get going even if they cant self heal in a traditional way ignore pain its a very strong source of extra health points that does not overheal itself as its a absorb shield, the most effective way of healing.
while the warrior have some notable flaws on the utility department its sturdiness is notable in the hands of a capable player leading the heals to focus on other players as their healing required is not very high.
----------------High Demand Tanks-------------------
- can combo control with typhoon
- large hp pool
- great ammount of offhealing with talents such as, after the wildfire, natures vigil and more.
- great self healing in frenzy regen
-the best iteration of death strike with ursoc fury making aoe and single target damage into an absorb shield that can go into very high ammounts
- exelent damage during incarnation
- flexible utility talents
- very strong aoe damage with abilitys with no cooldown
- encouraged to giga pull to get more benefit to his damage and sustain, increasing the dps of the whole party
- versatility buff mathematically the strongest buff of all since it provides heal, damage reduction and damage increase to the whole party regarless of class or spec.
-decent mobility with stampeding roar and charge
- high uptime on ironfur-ursocs fury
-can range pull if necesary with druid spells
-if played as night elf have access to the some uber pro strats
-access to hybernate for incorporeals
- battle rez
- magic damage can hurt outside defensive cds
- have trouble grouping enemies
- their crowd control is just “ok” as their class stops lack a “true stun” and certian mobs will not stop casting at all.
- some of the utility will sacrifice great survival or its impossible to get at all.
- single target falls behind some tanks specially on tyranicall weeks.
-will get limitations on its survival next incomming patch with target caps
VERY LOW- LOW- MEDIUM, the ammount of self healing and self healing druids have its beyond anything seen before its just that good.
An Original member of the god-exodia comp with great aoe and super strong self sustain that provides great utility, healing and promotes giga pulls an outstanding tank with very forgiving playstyle and scales really well with stats also having a vers buff and battle rez are traits very desirable in any party.
Demon Hunter Vengance:
Now this is a tricky one as he is about to be majorly reworked so he should be at ???, even tho the current iteration of the demon hunter is super strong as is a close contender to the guardian druid meta.
- VERY HIGH MOB CONTROL, thanks to range interrup, aoe stun chaos nova, aoe silence sigil of silence, single target trap/cc for an extra stop and handle an incorporeal without a cast time.
- very high mobility thanks to vengeful retreat and 2 charges of jumps
- passive leech in both elf and demon form
-very high uptime on defensive abilitys such as chaos brand and meta,fel devastation-meta
-very high self sustain
-great demonspike uptime
-passive magic mitigation (demon tatoos/wards)
-passive dam reduction during inmolation aura
-great armour and hp increase and increased leech/fury regen during meta
-have access to a cheat death
- strongest single target and aoe damage, just behind brewmaster
- darkness aoe stack for random party help
- chaos brand buff, this thing will increase 5% of the magic damage of the party including clases such as paladin, rogues, frost dks and the ranged-caster dps and also all healers including holy paladin as his main damage source its holy power yielding and overall 15-20% extra damage to the whole party for the full dungeon duration, this is huge and not something to be undermined as some clases such as disc and holy paladin can dish out alot of damage and heal equally as good.
-easy to execute rotation
-lack of group utility outside chaos brand and the niche darkness which requires the group to be stacked and its a random to chance to dodge, not reliable.
- no battle rez
- can die real fast if the setup is not done quick enough
- tendency to outrange healers on pulls
Demon Hunter its a very strong tank with a very simple purpose, control mobs be sturdy and deal LOTS of damage while increasing party damage just by existing thier lack of utility is evident but its power as a whole its a net increase of damage in any group it is a very desired tank on almost any group composition.
- The strongest group control of all the tanks with, regular interrupt, single target stun, aoe stop on blinding light, single target ranged silence/interrupt that can be reset SUPER OFTEN, aoe targeted silence interrupt, which then will keep doing auto shields for 15 secs every 5 seconds(it sounds wierd but thats how it works)
- 2% max hp party wide heal on rotation
- self and group healing in word of glory procs/regular cast lay on hands 1 button top heal anyone without cast time.
- large ammount of defensives to cycle between, such as eye of tyr, sentinel, guardian of ancient kings and ardent defender.
- great aoe damage
- passive damage mitigation while on consacration (all kind of damage)
- high uptime on SOTR (armour buff)
- good basic attack damage reduction with blessed hammer high uptime (3 charges as they spin the re-apply the dam red on enemys)
- all his cooldowns do general damage reduction so good in all situations regardless of the dungeon or boss
- sentinel large duration increases both max hp, damage, healing, and damage reduction.
-can solo kick many situation making group composition very flexible
- access to 2 party buffs: devotion aura a well desired -3% damage reduction and retribution aura a 5% increase in healing and damage increase with a descent uptime, this makes having 2 paladins in the same group have no dimishing returns at all not to mention the utility package.
-access to shield for the extra armour
- high uptime on damage/defensive cooldowns
- blessing of freedom, will increase both the paladin and other player speed will make them inmune to root and slows will prevent any aplication of such debuffs and dispell them too, this is larger than it seems as some debuffs will slow and damage you or your party with a 1 click on a low cooldown this problem can be completly solved
- great mobility with 1 freedom and 2 horse charges since the talent changes
- blessing of protection and blessing of spellwarding and make trivial alot of trash and encounters giving the players inmunity to magic and phisical damage and being able to dispell bleeds this way or reset some boss stacks with a mouseover macro, also will drop threat on allys against melee enemies
- blessing of sacrifice a good external for the team, should paired with a defensive so the tank dont die.
- devine shield this spell has its own section with the talent final stand and its rework on how it works its the best defensive cooldown in the game, being able to be cast under any crowd control state dispelling such effects, dispelling any debuffs on the pally including tank stacks, making him inmune to damage for 8 seconds of all kind and taunting all nearby enemies of the paladin for the duration and on the activation of the bubble, this change is huge as no longer enemies pulled after the bubble cast will go for the party and can make taking dangerous packs trivial giving the group route flexibility.
- battle rez
- repentence-turn evil for a ranged sap/incorporeal handling
- a dispell of poison and deases
- cheat death (to a limited extent with ardent defender)
- solo carry potential (even in organized play this power cannot be denied)
- not very good single target damage
- high skill ceiling
-unforgiving if pulling poorly or not having cds on each pack/SOTR Falls off, requires a player attention.
- medium hp pool combined with poor gameplay can lead to oneshots
- avenger shield its on the GCD so paladins need to play around that
- “limited mobility” this contradictory but you need to stand or reposition consacration consistently to keep getting the benefit of the dam reduction to which your class and mastery is tuned around and with new tier set blizzard is pushing this idea even further, this is regarless of having 3 godspeed increases.
- tier sets are not very generous
- healing others with wog can lead to the paladin death if the SOTR is not up and takes multiple melee swings
this depends a lot on the composition and the paladin itself but its notable the healing it does require, this is off set by the power of kicks as every kick done by the pally makes the group requires less heal of those wind bolts which means more heal for the tank.
the paladin its an overall powerful tank the strongest mob control and utility in the game while a bit limited on the giga pull side a ranged dps can pull for him once he is “stationary” and he can quickly grab enemies if that is necessary, his single target damage will suffer in tyrannical weeks but most of the paladin problems are can be offset by the player skill on the class, a truly powerful tank that can fit any composition.
thanks for reading i will be doing a dps and healing post very soon feel free to comment, if anyone want to theory craft a team i will be exited to have such discussion
Battle tag: Liffuvir#1785