LFG System has 0 social benefits

Have you read the design pillars? watched the interveiw? read literally ANYTHING theyve announced about classic moving forward?

Youre here for the vanilla version of wrath. Youre free to not be here tho, its your choice. theres no wrath version of wrath choice being offered at this time.

1 Like

A couple soundbites about their erroneous belief (if it was even something they were saying in earnest and not just an excuse they were giving over their actual reasoning) of what the playerbase wants, and suddenly you think their intention is to vanillize every Classic release moving forward? Believe it or not mistakes do happen.

3 Likes

What the target playerbase wants.

They never said “A majority of Players”. They never made a claim as to how many or where those players were, except that the intended playerbase they are developing for are the ones who dont want commonly available QOL queus in other MMOS. If thats not you, you arent their intended audience and you might be better served in another game.

We’re the target playerbase, so its not erroneus. Youre not owed any sort of “classic wotlk” you want, and neither am I. But I’ve been identified as their target audience and will get the WOTLK i want and You havent and won’t. This isnt how it could should be or was. it’s how it is at this moment

No you see it does encourage social interaction, casue when i join a group i have to ask which of the 4 dks is a tank only to be told that none of them are a tank and then listen to them argue about it for a min before i leave.

Such a meaningful social interaction, after that we all became best buddies and went on hikes and picnics together. /s

7 Likes

And in today’s most hyperbolic posts of the day… I present to you, this tool.

1 Like

That’s a good question! I don’t know… but, I’m playing on a Fresh Server now, and if it does end up dying I think having had the experience of leveling with people I run into again and again and all those community building interactions will be worth a $25 transfer fee, should that be the case.

If it doesn’t end up dying before ICC then all the better.

Personally, I’m not really against Dungeon Finder, or even cross realm/faction grouping for instanced content like Retail has for that matter, but I can definitely see how it affects social interactions.

Grouping with the same people multiple times over different content during several days creates shared social experiences that are not only less likely to happen with Dungeon Finder, but are much more difficult to turn into longer term shared social experiences through friend’s lists, guilds, and purposeful invites.

honestly none of them need to be its so easy in dungeons rn

They don’t actually know what their target playerbase wants. They’re almost definitely in talks with a literal handful of Classic “representatives” who are somehow connected to them personally, and who are not at all representative of the real Classic playerbase. I was part of such a group of “experts” (the dev’s term) myself within the last year in another MMO. Whether or not you end up with an actually varied spread of players is a complete crapshoot so far as I can tell, since most of the other “experts” in that game were completely disassociated with the average player experience, on top of having specific, personal agendas they harped on instead of caring about the game’s health overall.

Right, and it won’t change if we don’t force it. Their blatant errors will remain. So here we are.

5 Likes

For real tho, we had a fresh Blood DK tanking a good bit of SWP trash yesterday
Come to think of it, a demo warlock was too

You don’t need a tank until Naxx 25 with few exceptions.

You’re not gonna force anything except the blood vessels in your face to bulge from all the malding youre doing atm

1 Like

So you we’re a community council-esque person in a different MMO and aren’t personally connected. And since you didnt get picked for WoW, then every community council member is personally tied to someone at bliz?

I think Kroger is having a sale of aluminum foil this week if you want to start making some hats.

THey do, you just arent it. theyre nailing it for some of us, obviously we’re the target playerbase. Youre wrong by definition because you assume you should be the target playerbase and you are not by design.

This is copium, and is a self constructed situation youve made up to avoid the fact that the devs, **just arent that into you hunny

OH YOURE A SME OF COURSE, or youre just making stuff up on the forums hmmm :shrug:

Or theyre just developing the game for someone else, and your butthurt about it.

Great thing about this lfg tool is you cant read chat because chat goes by so fast that you cant read it, then you got the same people lfg in chat, then more people join chat lfg, then those 2 groups sit around for awhile, then more groups then more groups then omg its so fast i think i might be able to power my house by the sure speed of chat. Make 2 groups happy 1 group gets a limited lfg the other can shut it off… Its like trying to teach my 2 toddlers how to share. there can be no compromise… jeez

You are a pompous lil turd aren’t you?

RDF will be in the game, because it is literally the best option for group finding in 2022… BETTER DEVLOPERS knew this over a decade ago.

The tool does not work, people are literally signing up to spam guild recruitment.

Also all this talk about social interaction… When indo Sir Mage and his 50 friends are signed up. Gonna be a lot of socializing in that group.

15 Likes

Blizzard seems to think that typing “LF TANK” counts as “socializing.” They also think the 4 of you sitting around waiting for a tank are going to suddenly bond and become best buds. The reality is that you never talk unless it’s about group roles or, you know, finding a tank.

12 Likes

It’s hilarious to see people try to defend this awful LFG tool.

Talk about grasping at straws. :rofl:

12 Likes

Nope, the “socializing” happens when you have a number of tanks on your friends list and you avoid typing “LF TANK”, btw. Its tedium that promotes using social interaction to avoid it.

Weird takeaway. No. I would never intentionally seek such a position, and the only reason I had it elsewhere is through a series of incredibly chance events where the friend who got me into the game got into the game because of a friend of her husband, and that friend of her husband had a friend in his long-term circle who happened to be a dev, and we happened to hit it off as just two people. He then tapped me for this project. Was generally super cool, but I didn’t leave it with idea of seeking out some similar thing anywhere else.

I believe by “community council member” you are referring to that other forum section I’ve seen? People with golden avatars or whatever? If so then I would be shocked if that were the only playerbase representatives that Blizzard had. Also had no idea they talked about Classic. But what I’m talking about are people that actually have the ear of the devs and who the devs directly and specifically listen to, who are not at all publicly known. The connected part wasn’t an accusation of, like, nepotism. It was elaborative context for how simultaneously random and non-random the selection process is. Point being that the Classic devs have their idea of what their target audience wants based on a likely biased group. Not biased out of maliciousness, mind you, but rather out of the inherent needs of the selection process when you’re trying to keep a group like that under wraps. You’re not going to spam out emails asking literally random members of the playerbase to participate.

The target playerbase are people who want to re-rexperience Wrath, just like it was with TBC and Vanilla. They’re just mistaken as to what that playerbase wants.

No idea what an SME is. And I’m not making anything up. I don’t do lies or bad faith interlocution. Sarcasm is about the extent of it. Also going to reiterate that saying the group of internal reps are likely people who the devs know personally wasn’t and isn’t an accusation. The point is that that group isn’t a statistically random sample that one can assume represents Classic players comprehensively.

Or they’re just wrong about the changes they’re making and are incorrectly servicing their playerbase, rather than being perfect beings that do everything 100% correctly like you apparently think they are. Very results-based thinking that paints them as impossible of error.

1 Like

Nope! read their design pillars, and the interveiws, their clear about who their target audience is!

suuuuuuuuuuuuuuure you dont lolol