Lfg empty since classic launch

LOL the “wall of no” was not merely “hey the devs said this”. It was basically attempting to silence and discredit people asking for classic.

Its not like the devs never change their mind. They rolled back no flying, pruning, GCD changes, added titan residum.

And now classic. If you didnt expect some bants and memes after GD was insufferably self righteous idk what to tell ya.

Good luck fighting the good fight flagging all their threads I guess?

:woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Classic is the original casual MMO. If you want a ‘real RPG experience’, I’d question why you’re playing MMOs…

Any RPG made even in the last five years will get you more of the experience you want than Classic will. Play some Tabletop.

Classic’s fun, but stop pretending it’s the most perfect example of a game ever to exist, ever.

Making space for solo play does not make it a single-player game. WF/TF does not make it a single-player game. Benthic gear and other catch-up mechanics do not make it a single player game. Casual players do not make it a single-player game. The primary content and rewards from retail continue to come from group content, and that content has been popular until BFA.

I’m barely playing retail now for anything beyond transmog runs. Most of the time I spend in WoW now is in Classic, where solo (“single player”) is also possible.

Nothing in MMO demands a particular level of socialization to play. MMO just means there are many players in the same world.

2 Likes

I’m not a defender of BFA, but I’m not a Classic zealot, either. What zealots describe disingenuously as “people asking for Classic” was in actuality an army of people using mains and alts to aggressively spam GD with endless personal attacks against retail players as a whole. And Blizzard didn’t create Classic as a response to that behavior. It created it to protect its intellectual property and draw people off of illegal servers stealing same.

I’m perfectly able to enjoy Classic to the degree I am without needing to believe and propagate confrontational myths about its creation, or to attempt to lord them over players who don’t like what I do. It’s a game. Go play it.

1 Like

That sums it up nicely, and it should now be the end.

/thread!

This whole thread? There is a boat that genuinely thinks if you post on a 120 character in the classic forums you are inherently a troll.

I don’t see anyone being bashed just for posting on a retail character in this thread.

Try again.

Hey I play both and to be honest I’m tired of the classic posts in GD .

Not only the pro ones but the qq ones including this one to the point I’m flagging them

There are people that literally state that the only reason you would post on a 120 in the classic forums is to troll and shouldn’t be taken seriously.

Then they are stupid.

I’ll take your word for it just to make this simple, what’s your point?

The point is even outside the forums the amount of people that say “go back to retail” on a regular basis in the likes of general chat or anything is incredibly high. The community over there is not quite what people want to think it is.

I can find a bunch of morons on BFA’s forums and try to paint a bad picture about retail players using them as an example.

Wouldn’t be fair, and it’d be a poor argument, so I’m not going to do that.

If there are players sharing a world, but they’re hardly interacting with each other, then it’s effectively running like a poor single player game. You may as well have a bunch of NPCs simulating group activity if the game isn’t encouraging a certain level of socialization.

By that point, you may as well either unsub in favor of a true single player game or seek another MMO that does bolster a community.

The only community I’ve seen “forming” in classic was already in current, they just started guilds in classic. The people and community are the same.

1 Like

Except BFA isn’t being held on a pedestal for how great its and its “biggest selling point”. Throughout my entire time in the barrens or whatever people would constantly ask where Echeyeke (however you spell it) was and every time they would be met with “go back to retail baby” or something along those lines. Rarely, if ever, were they given an actual answer.

Or any other “simple” question like that. That community is definitely “ins” versus “outs” where there are “REAL classic players” and “retail players clogging up my queue”.

Again, you’re trying to paint an entire community a certain way because a few people are jerks.

To call that disingenuous would be an understatement.

Also, frankly, this reads like you have no idea what you’re talking about, and are going off hearsay.

8/10 Good Trolling but has gotten repetitive.

2 Likes

You’re also only reading the forums and not playing Classic.

These forums are just a bad representation of the world of warcraft player base, they have been for a while.

Additionally,

Do you really think it’s that hard to get to level 10 in classic and be able to post?

Do you really think classic wow discussion belongs here any more or less than the majority of the off topic posts there are?

Do you really think Blizz cares where people post classic stuff? Wait I’ll answer this one. Yeah they gave WoW Classic their whole section, but have they been actively moving threads? Nah they’re eating this hype up.

Could all of this be detrimental to the game long term?

To sum up the difference:

Classic: HOLY SH*T A RUTHLESS SHIV 0.1% DROP RATE BLUE BOE! I’m going to sell this and make bank. Or WOW MY BIS DROPPED!

BfA: Gets a 440 belt with good stats, no socket compared to your 430 belt so you vendor it and don’t care. Or you get an item that doesn’t TF and go on the forum and complain about it.

I’ve played classic enough to see people watching other people die to take the quest mob they had tagged or ninja loot a chest more often than helping others.