LF that "Sap nearest Target" Macro - PvP

I remember back in the day when I use to play rogue I had a macro that I could spam sap and if it ever located a stealthy it would sap them (usually first).

Does this macro still exist? If so, what is it?

Also, any other useful rogue PvP Macros I should be using?

Thanks
#showtooltip
/cleartarget
/targetenemyplayer
/cast Sap

Another good thing to do, is use the WoW stop watch to display stun DR - not necessary for arean if you're a Gladius user, but. I'll include them.

#showtooltip <= You could change this to a cast sequence to includ Premed, SnD, too.
/cast Cheap Shot
/sw 24
/sw play

#showtooltip
/cast Kidney Shot
/sw 24
/sw play

Some variation of a Redirect Kidney shot macro, you can use focus functionality, etc.

#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=2 Redirect, Kidney Shot

My Shadowdance macro -

#showtooltip
/cancelaura subterfuge
/cast premeditation
/cast cheap shot
/use [nostealth] shadow dance
/use [nostealth] 14 (My Burst trink)
/sw 24
/sw play
1 Like
This will handle the sapping. Arena Junkies has other good macros such as Shadow Dance or Vendetta burst macros that pop dps trinket + shadow blades, stuff like that. Since we all have prep now, you should macro Sprint and Evasion into your Prep button.

#showtooltip Sap
/cleartarget
/targetenemyplayer
/cast [stance:1/3, harm, nodead] Sap
#showtooltip Sap
/targetenemy [harm][nodead]
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/cast sap
Thanks guys

Anymore advice?

Also for lvl 15 talents which is best for assassin.

ATM I use subterfuge and basically garrotte SnD Cheap shot by then I'm out of stealth. Is this a good combo to use?
Thanks guys

Anymore advice?

Also for lvl 15 talents which is best for assassin.

ATM I use subterfuge and basically garrotte SnD Cheap shot by then I'm out of stealth. Is this a good combo to use?

Either Subterfuge or Shadow Focus. I would avoid nightstalker, that's basically a Sub-only talent in my opinion. Others may disagree.

I personally like Subterfuge for battleground work, because it helps with a restealth+opener when there's tons of AoE going off, and it helps delay people targetting you when you pop. For arena, someone else will have to answer.
Would you do

#showtooltip
/cleartarget
/targetnearestenemy
/cast Sap

If you wanted to just hit w.e is closest to you?
Who has a flux capacitor and traveled back to 2012? This thread died five years ago. Did you have Doc browns help to bring it back? Lul.
Hipster you are a Tauren necromancer so I don't think you can do it seeing how sap is not in your toolkit.
03/14/2017 09:43 PMPosted by Hipster
Would you do

#showtooltip
/cleartarget
/targetnearestenemy
/cast Sap

If you wanted to just hit w.e is closest to you?

How did you end up in a post from four years ago
03/17/2017 04:20 PMPosted by Omgbak
How did you end up in a post from four years ago

Definitely used the search. It sorts by relevance instead of date by default and he probably didn't even look at the dates. :(
Just searching "Sap target nearest macro" put this at the top.
Blizz actually encourages you to do the search so they shouldn't be surprised when necro threads pop up.
So what you're really telling me is

Squirrel!
08/19/2018 12:56 PMPosted by Gyp
So what you're really telling me is

Squirrel!

Im confused.. What are you getting out of a 5 year old post? lol
Does this macro still works?
10/28/2018 08:42 PMPosted by Delightful
Does this macro still works?
yep
1 Like
Necropolis

#showtooltip
/cleartarget
/targetenemy
/cast sap

I prefer using this version becuase it works outside pvp situations too like when sapping a npc while questing.