LF casual voice chat community

I’m not a Discord user and I generally don’t like to keep my headset on for 100% of the time I’m playing but the game’s getting a lot quieter and lonelier lately (like in type chat) and I’m just looking to see if anyone actually uses the in-game voice chat. I do like having people to talk to while playing just not 100% of the time on mic only because I have ear problems and keeping a headset on for hours straight gets really uncomfortable for me. But since general chat & guild chats seem dead nowadays I’m actively seeking more social people to play with.

So I’ve heard a few times on forums that service members are commonly the ones in voice chat? I assume because of privacy concerns and not being allowed to use Discord or something maybe… I dunno there’s gotta be sociable players SOMEWHERE in game other than Discord right? Or does Discord have the monopoly on gaming voice comms nowadays?

Anyway I’ve never even used anything having to do with Warcraft communities before lol so I don’t even know what I’m asking really but I figured I might as well just start here and see if there’s anyone out there that this resonates with and can point me in a good direction.

give me a shout if your still looking.
[A][US][Wyrmrest Accord]
We are a newly founded guild, created by a group of friends who met at the beginning of Legion with Heroic and Mythic Content experience and have raided together since. We are a social guild building a new raid team with progression orientation (on six hours a week). Our main focus is to push the content as far as it will go while still having fun. That being said, our Guild loves WoW, but we simply don’t want to make this a full time job, and we don’t have the time for elitism.
We’re looking for someone who wants to push themselves to the best of their ability. You should be fun and easy going, but able to buckle down learn and focus when the time comes. from lvl 1 - 120 is welcome we are willing to help gear if needed and teach.

Raid times/days - Wed 6:00pm-8:00pm PDT.
Sun 4:00pm-8:00pm PDT

As a raider, we will expect the following from you:

Knowledge of the fights - Read the dungeon journals, watch videos from your favorite YouTuber. Just come prepared and familiar with mechanics.
Donations to the guild bank (gold, profession mats, consumables, It takes a lot of time and money for us to supply consumables, enchants, and gems for our raiders/mythic+ teams. Every little bit helps our community thrive.
The willingness to help your guildies - Not everyone may be as good as you, or familiar with fights, or have as much free time, and that’s okay. Be the person who asks, “How can I help?” rather than, “why isn’t everyone else doing better damage?” Toxicity spreads, and we don’t have the tolerance for it.

What you can expect from us:

We provide consumables, including flasks, feasts, personal buff food, potions, enchants, and gems.
Fun, friendly, and safe environment. We don’t have the patience or tolerance for hate speech, racism, sexism, or homophobia or politics.
Prepared for the fights, knowing in advance which strat we’ll be using for the night.
Open discussion environment. Things like loot rules, guild rules, and strats aren’t always set in stone, and we are open to change. If you’d like to see something different, we’re open to hearing you out.
People to play with! We’re always up to something (raid, mythic+, pvp, mount runs, transmog runs, etc), and it takes little effort to rally the troops. However, you’ll want to be the type of person who’s okay asking for help when you need it.

We currently have a need for the following in a raid setting:
All Specs especially (Tanks)

Mythic+ Groups: If you’re looking to push your rating or see how high of a dungeon you can do, we can do that with you!, but if you’re just here for the social aspect there’s no requirement.

We currently have a need for the following in a M+ setting:
All Specs

We also host monthly events! Past events have been:

Tonk Wars
Mog contests
Hide and seek
Lvl 1 naked race

As a guildie, we expect you to be positive, fun, and easy going. We joke around a lot with each other, as most families do, but we don’t need negativity or intentional rude behavior. Maintaining the positive atmosphere and experience is our top priority. We’re also looking for someone who’s helpful towards others, as we have some new or returning players.

If you’re interested and have more questions, please feel free to add my Btag and/or Discord.
Bnet: CplConfused#1157 | Discord: Boriskarloff#4583

I have had to switch to discord more due to port settings and sharing between the wow default chat (who will off and on kick me out of a joined channel) and discord. And, right now I use discord via a web browser vs ‘installing’ an app.

I understand about having noise and other things in your ears all day :slight_smile: and the frustration in getting communities to work. Hence, I toss us out there for your consideration :slight_smile: many of us are vanilla players with various long extended periods of leave. <3 good luck with your search!