Ley Race glitch

The problem is still going on, not my current issue though. I took off my armor to do this and it crashed my game. Now, it says that I’m on a mana saber yet I still have the 24 hour debuff that says I’m collecting energy. Due to the fact I’m not on a saber, I can’t actually collect the lay energy, but at the same time I can’t get on a mana saber because I’m technically collecting energy. I just wanted to finish off my Kirin Tor reputation…

1 Like

Still happening.

What to update here. It’s 100% related to the Ancient’s Bulwark (aka deep roots) Azerite trait on Azerite gear. I was having this issue on my Monk and as soon as I removed the piece of gear with the Ancient’s Bulwark (aka deep roots) I was able to do the quest with no issue.

1 Like

I ran into the same problem and found this thread to be helpful. Removing either the piece of armor with Ancients’ Bulwark or the Heart of Azeroth, to indirectly remove the buff from Ancients’ Bulwark, was sufficient to let me avoid the bug. The bug affected every tested location, but each location worked if I removed either piece of equipment.

1 Like

If your Heart of Azeroth isn’t fully updated (ie, you’re getting pop ups notifying you it has a new ability etc) just remove it. Remember to put it back on though!

Taking off the HoA didn’t help. Taking off all of my equipment wasn’t enough, still bugged 6/25/2020 but I completed the same quest on another character.

Can confirm, still happening as of Aug 7th, 2020. It does appear to be an interaction with a wearable item, at least in my case. Once I stripped my character naked, I was able to complete the quest.

For me it was the Ancient’s Bulwark azerite trait (i.e. Deep Roots buff) that was causing the issue (it only began after I got a piece of gear with that trait) and removing my HoA effectively disabled that and allowed me to ride the mana saber again.

Can confirm is still an issue as of 9/28/20 but apparently getting naked on your character does resolve it even if you are locked in place after trying to ride the manasaber.

It appears that it bugs when you encounter another character. BUT they are in a different phase than you, so you can’t see them. I noticed that someone else’s character name would pop up briefly when I “failed” the encounter.

Someone was standing directly in front of the saber afk’d, and if I jumped on the saber, it’d fail and knock me off as soon as I hit where the person was standing.

This happened to me at least 6 times on 9/28/20

Can confirm that as of 10/11/2020 that this bug is still happening. Just happened to me. Initially, I used my Dalaran hearth to free myself from whatever this movement-lock was. Funnily enough taking off all my gear except my rings, trinks, and Heart of Azeroth worked. I know that’s not the case for some of the issues here.

2 Likes

In SL, I mounted and then got disconnected. When reconnecting, I could not mount but had the the buff. That the case I left and did a different quest to complete the emissary. Then on hearthing with the cloak to get you to Stormwind, I found myself at the quest start place instead, and could mount and do the quest.

Weird and crazy, and in the end a total waste of time. The cloak was also now on a 4 hour CD, wasting even more time. I had to fly to Dalaran instead and then get on my way from there.

1 Like

Still happens in 2023 in Dragonflight. Can’t even get to the first Ley Line Node anymore.

2 Likes

Insane that Blizz can’t fix bugs for literally years. Come on Blizz.

1 Like

Still happening :expressionless:

1 Like

Still happening, gearless or otherwise.

Yeah every Ley Race WQ seems to kick me off a couple seconds after I mount up.

Still a bug

Still bugged.

Still bugged…c’mon Ijust wanna farm Kirin tor rep >:(